Factory

XERIIIAL

Why not add to the game factories with machines. On which it was necessary to process pipes for manufacturing, to stamp sleeves and much more. You can find a lot of plant application. But not everything is so simple. Near the plant would be full of zombies, which did not allow you to go to it. To make it in the factory, you must first clear it. It was necessary to provide protection, turrets, stakes, strong walls around the plant. And almost every day came the hordes of zombies, to again "settle down" in the factory. You can also add random NPCs on the cards, and send them to the factory, so that they work in exchange for protection and food.

Why not add to the game factories with machines. On which it was necessary to process pipes for manufacturing, to stamp sleeves and much more. You can find a lot of plant application. But not everything is so simple. Near the plant would be full of zombies, which did not allow you to go to it. To make it in the factory, you must first clear it. It was necessary to provide protection, turrets, stakes, strong walls around the plant. And almost every day came the hordes of zombies, to again "settle down" in the factory. You can also add random NPCs on the cards, and send them to the factory, so that they work in exchange for protection and food.

I like the idea of interactive buildings, and buildings with usefulness. What would be the point of the factory in this scenario? What are the inputs and outputs? What would you do with these pipes and sleeves? Just curious where you were going with this :) Again, this isn't criticism - I really like the idea. Most buildings now only hold loot value but really nothing much more in the way of interactive usefulness.

I do not know, but the idea should be developed. For example, many items a character can only manufacture at the factory. Details for transport, weapons, tools, etc. To machines and so on worked to connect electricity, protect the territory from zombies and bandits. You can also add sewing factories in order to get high-quality sewn clothes ...

I do not know, but the idea should be developed. For example, many items a character can only manufacture at the factory. Details for transport, weapons, tools, etc. To machines and so on worked to connect electricity, protect the territory from zombies and bandits. You can also add sewing factories in order to get high-quality sewn clothes ...

I really like this idea. Very expandable going forward with game mechanics.

Disagree completely. Nothing should be locked behind a random building spawning that can be destroyed. If there is one thing time has proven is that when you start locking the ability to make stuff behind RNG people get pissed and its a nightmare.

Disagree completely. Nothing should be locked behind a random building spawning that can be destroyed. If there is one thing time has proven is that when you start locking the ability to make stuff behind RNG people get pissed and its a nightmare.

I see your point, however this path makes the buildings no more useful than the loot in them. Once that's gone or the player becomes more self-sufficient, there's no big use for the buildings. I bypass a good deal of buildings at a certain point because their loot is "meh" and they're more or less uninteresting. Perhaps they could think about buildings or locations that would enhance the ability to get certain resources but not actually locking the player out.

For example: An Oil Derrick. The player could power and somehow operate this POI and the output could be barrels of gas. This enhances the ability to get gas, but does not replace the player from the traditional methods.

Thoughts?

I see your point, however this path makes the buildings no more useful than the loot in them. Once that's gone or the player becomes more self-sufficient, there's no big use for the buildings. I bypass a good deal of buildings at a certain point because their loot is "meh" and they're more or less uninteresting. Perhaps they could think about buildings or locations that would enhance the ability to get certain resources but not actually locking the player out.

For example: An Oil Derrick. The player could power and somehow operate this POI and the output could be barrels of gas. This enhances the ability to get gas, but does not replace the player from the traditional methods.

Thoughts?

As long as nothing is locked behind it all only obtainable from a building then it's fine, however id imagine a system like this would be next to impossible with how the game is built.

With the way elec works and the block system how would it work if the building is damaged, if a block of the machine is destroyed, etc.

We already have workbenches that basically do the same thing, resources are already easy to get as it is so I'd imagine a massive balance issue.

Post launch it could be cool as a potential expansion.

The work benches do work in a similar way, however they require inputs for an output. An oil derrick would theoretically be already tapped into an underground supply of oil in this case, so the user wouldn't need to supply the input (shale, for example). Rather, they'd get an output for the cost of maintaining the plant, powering it, etc. A gas generator to power an oil derrick sounds funny but the exact implementation is open to many things. Having useful, interactive buildings is the goal here. Right now, they are honestly boring after a while. You explore one high rise, the next is the same.

Love it!

I love the idea of buildings you have to find and take control of in order to move further into the game. It would make your place of base building more challenging, and the game more interactive. I'm all for it! But on the flip side, my fear is the bugs it would bring, as we so often put work into this game and then it's magically gone.

THIS YES A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

Be able to wrench conveyer belts, laser eyes, sorting arms etc.

As a solo player I easily spend 15% of my time sorting my danged gear.

How amazing would it be to setup a conveyer system that when you get home you dump everything on the belt and it sends each item to the designated container?

Maybe you could get a pill press and start manufacturing big loads of pain killers.

How about dumping your leather into a machine that auto crafts armor.

Or a machine that automatically scraps your loot into maximum base components?

Bethesda did a pretty awesome job with a system like this in Fallout 4.

Man fallout could do a bunch of things I'm missing from 7d2d, tame animals, setup industries and commerce. Develop entire settlements etc...

But fallout is missing that adrenaline of 7d2d as well as the sheer scope of things you can change and interact with.

Archived