Internet stop while servers are loading

OdexLogo

I've checked it many times already. It's as clear as the title says. I start the game and everything normal, but when I click on the server list, after 1 minute my internet is cut off. It does not matter if I use ethernet or via WiFi (I've tried it with my notebook). After it is cut, the only way to get it back is by disconnecting and connecting the router. There are times that if I insist I can get to play for a while, but it is cut in the long run.

For what they will have realized is not my computer, but my internet or router, I think.

I'm sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina.

My service is called Fibertel

My modem Sagemcom f4st3284

Well I do not know if you can help me, I've never seen a problem like this. But thanks for reading.

Staying on the server screen will flood your DNS cache. This prevents other sites from loading. You should not be trying to do anything outside of the game client while you are on the server selection list. Once you close the list, or choose a server, the DNS flood will stop.

If your system is having an issue outside of that, it's probably an issue with your DNS Stack. Follow these instructions to clear it.

1. From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator" from the drop-list.
  3. In the Command Prompt console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  4. If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
  5. Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  6. Once done, close all programs and restart your computer.

If you still experience the same issue after that, then the fault is most likely on your router. Some quick research shows people having similar issues with the device. It looks like the unit doesn't have enough internal memory to support the Wifi, and that in many cases simply turning off Wifi on the device resolved the issue with having to restart it. This has been a common problem with ISP provided devices for many years, but less so lately as equipment standards have increased due to a relative increase in internet capabilities. (Basically more demanding bandwidth has created an environment where there are fewer sub-par routers.)

If it continues after the PC reset, you may try hard resetting your router. Most likely the solution at that point though will be to get a more up-to-date router. The one you have is very old.

Thank you Very much

Staying on the server screen will flood your DNS cache. This prevents other sites from loading. You should not be trying to do anything outside of the game client while you are on the server selection list. Once you close the list, or choose a server, the DNS flood will stop.

If your system is having an issue outside of that, it's probably an issue with your DNS Stack. Follow these instructions to clear it.

1. From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator" from the drop-list.
  3. In the Command Prompt console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  4. If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
  5. Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  6. Once done, close all programs and restart your computer.

If you still experience the same issue after that, then the fault is most likely on your router. Some quick research shows people having similar issues with the device. It looks like the unit doesn't have enough internal memory to support the Wifi, and that in many cases simply turning off Wifi on the device resolved the issue with having to restart it. This has been a common problem with ISP provided devices for many years, but less so lately as equipment standards have increased due to a relative increase in internet capabilities. (Basically more demanding bandwidth has created an environment where there are fewer sub-par routers.)

If it continues after the PC reset, you may try hard resetting your router. Most likely the solution at that point though will be to get a more up-to-date router. The one you have is very old.

Thank you Very much. I'm going to try it

Archived