Are you ever going to fix this game?????

Hi Shadowflyer11,

I moved your post from the thread you had posted in as that was from April-May of last year. Please note "Necroposting" / revival of old posts is against forum rules. In future please create a new post and link back to any older ones you find may be relevant. Generally speaking if there has been an update to the game since the thread was created, it's best to start a new thread.

We have not stopped updating the game, the team us currently working on a new update for the game to be released later this year. The message from the team on this can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?87-News-amp-Announcements

When posting bug reports in the bug report section, please use the guide provided to give as much information as possible from the beginning: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

From your post it appears you have suffered from an MD5 error. This is an issue the team are continuing to work on. It has multiple triggers and in the past patches have generally included fixes for the MD5 triggers. The team are working on finding fixes for the remaining trickier triggers.

All information on the MD5 error can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting-(MD5-Issue)

If you are on XB1 there is also a player found workaround which may be of use to you here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets) - while I understand it is not ideal, players have reported success with this workaround. As it involves deleting and re-syncing data, caution is advised.

If you have any further questions about the MD5 errors I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Hi shadowflyer11,

I'm sorry I'm not sure I entirely understand what you are requesting. Land claim blocks do not have an effect on MD5 errors. The error often occurs when the save struggles to load and area and resets it to Day1, if a landclaim block was in that area it would reset to. The land claim blocks only effect other players, not the MD5s.

If an area was reset and 3 of the blocks didn't vanish I would assume these blocks we're not within the reset bounds, rather than them preventing a reset.

If I have misunderstood at all, please elaborate.

Clare

So my base contained 7 or 8 think it was 8. But I placed them 12 block apart but 3 servived 2 that were in West wall the 3rd one was in opposite corner of the pill bunker. But what I'm trying to say about the land clam block is there any way to write the code to stop the reset of terain in the bonds of the land clam. Like land clam is 7x7 for example. Instead of just 7x7 should make it do 7x7x70 so that way all that dirt won't fill back in to my tunnels or underground base.

Hi Shadowflyer11,

Unfortunately this is not possible, as I mentioned in my earlier post land claim blocks can not effect the MD5 error as they are a regular block that has an area of effect to blocks around it only. The MD5 error effects the save as it is saving/loading and resets an entire chuck to the day1 state, unless a block was there when the map was originally generated it would be wiped - or replaced if it was removed.

I understand where you are coming from with this suggestion but if it was possible to write code like that for a block the team would be able to do it as a blanket feature for all blocks.

Clare

• 3 weeks later...
I get most of my info YouTube just had one of the team on there saying they pulling people off and coming to the end of the game????plz tell me they going to fix the md5 bug it shouldn't be hard.

You might want to start getting your info from more reliable sources. Md5's are not easy to track down because they can't be duplicated with regularity. This is why you are asked to used the correct form when posting a problem so those in charge of correcting them know how they are occurring.

Hi Shadowflyer11,

As the others have mentioned above YouTube is not the best source of info. There are no official console YouTube videos (aside from trailers) so anything found there is either fan theory or from the PC team. The PC team work separately to the console team. PC team continuing to develop, tweak, add, remove and adjust ideas and features in their Alpha version. Console is a complete version of A14.7 that has new features added to it from PC when they are signed off as complete and passed to the Console team to look at porting those features.

As RuttedLightening has mentioned above the MD5 errors, especially the remaining ones, are tricky to isolate and fix. A large number of triggers for the errors have already been removed, reducing the numbers occurring for players greatly (an analytics system was added to track this).

The team confirmed yesterday they are currently working to upgrade the game engine - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84520-06-06-Message-from-the-Team

All info from the console team is posted in the Console News and Announcements section of the forum as it comes to me. While admittedly it is not as often as the PC team, I recommend you double check any rumors you find on YouTube against the posts there.

Thank you,

Clare

Again

Watch "Alpha 17 Persishton" on YouTube

there's my sorce a fun pump and as a console players we know that u need to go throw so many branches just to put it in game. I just hope the md5 get fixed I've been playing games since 1992 and now it's like get a game b4 it's complete and game magazines that have done articals all say not to buy till complete. Don't get me wrong great game and concept but I see so many people quit the game but computer has little to no problems. And consol plays understand that when fun pimp walks away that's it no more updates no more adding. Microsoft already said no on some things already.

And why do they need to track they should implement a way to just not have a md5 happen in an area of an object. Like a land clams block or wood blocks or anyone and just tell us that "hay torches now have a protect function 7×7×7 area wont md5" or any kind of blocks.

Hi Shadowflyer11,

I am aware of the videos the PC team put out, however because the PC version is still in alpha and items can be removed if they don't work out for the team I would not bank on everything mentioned in videos. While the team will work to port as much as they possible nothing is confirmed to be coming to console unless it is announced by the console team, regardless of the work required if it is possible to port them. I recommend, if you wish to watch the PC videos, that you keep this in mind.

To the best of my knowlegdge, the analytics system that was added to the game was to track each time an error occurs (not what caused it), by doing this they can confirm after a patch that the fix for certain MD5 triggers has worked for players as the number or occurrences will go down.

They team are continuing to work on the remaining, more difficult to fix triggers.

As I mentioned before, blocks can not save you from the MD5 error because it occurs to the save file as a whole as it is trying to load. Even if they could, you would need to know what triggered it to write the code for it - which would lead to a fix anyway, making recoding a block an unnecessary bandaid. But blocks can not prevent MD5 errors. The errors occur because the save file struggles to load an area (In the past this could be due to loot trying to reset, there was a particular tree causing issues once, etc). Rather than leaving a void in the chunk it can no longer load it resets the area to the day one state, blocks and all, it is a blanket issue, not just a blocks one.

I understand my explanations may not be great because I can envision the hierarchy of the game from experience. If like I can try break it down into a simple analogy. Or if you have any questions about any particular part I will try explain better.

Clare

Archived