New grade-skill-quality system (suggestion)

Gatling96

Hi all

First i want to apologize for my bad english...

Soon Alpha 17 will hit the road. There will be great new content, a lot of changes, fixes and a new quality system for the weapons... But i think we need different quality, skill and grade system for the firearms and maybe not only for them.

As a gunsmith, i know how important is to maintain properly firearms and how crucial can be that in some situations. I've have seen some really bad maintained pistols, which were not in condition to make a shot anymore. And here is the point. Since 7 Days to Die is a post-apocalyptic game, not every survivor know how to maintain his gun well enough in order to be functional. Some survivors will know more about guns, some will know less and others will not know anything about firearms.

Gun related skills(gunsmithing) should be like this:

lvl 0 - Zero knowledge about firearms - At this level the survivor will not be able to assemble/disassemble, repair, clean, craft and adding weapon attachments to the guns...

lvl 1 - Rookie knowledge about firearms - At this level the survivor knows to not look in the barrel of loaded gun:distrust:... Player on this level gonna have basic knowledge about firearms, basic gun assemble/disassemble and cleaning. This procedure will be with huge penalties - more time, more repairing materials, low quality. Also the jamming chance will be high. The survivor also can breake the weapon while assembling it back

lvl 2 - Advanced knowledge about firearms - Players at this level will know how to assemble/disassemble, repair, clean on average basis. Average repair-cleaning time and etc...

lvl 3 - Police/Military/Special Forces firearms knowledge - Players at this level will be able to assemble/disassemble, clean and adding weapon attachments. Low penalties, very good quality, quick repair and cleaning time. Fewer repair materials will be needed. Guns maintained on this level will be very durable with low jam chance.

lvl 4 - Gunsmith/Armourer firearms knowledge - The top-end of Gunsmithing skill! Players at this level will be able to assemble/disassemble, repair, clean, craft and adding weapon attachments to the guns. There will be none or very low penalties, excellent quality, very low repair and cleaning time. Very few repair materials will be needed. Guns maintained on this level will be very durable with very low jam chance...

Overall this is my suggestion about gun related (gunsmithing) skills. :)

About gunpowder, bullet and explosive crafting...

Here the stuff are a bit more complicated. First the ammo and consumables should be separated into four grades:

-Crafted

-Ordinary

-Military

-Special

1. Crafted grade - This grade will have three quality grades (orange 100-199; yellow 200-299 ; green 300-399)All the Gunpowder, bullets, grenades,mines, explosives crafted by players will count to the "crafted grade"

Skills like "Science", "Gunsmithing" will effect the quality of the crafted items. New skill "chemistry" will effect on the quality of the crafted gunpowder. Some of the crafted munitions may misfire

2. Ordinary grade - Bullets and explosives found in zombies,weapon shops and safes will count to the "ordinary" grade(blue 400-499). Ammunitions from this grade will have better characteristic than crafted ammunitions.

3. Military grade - The best quality munitions (purple 500-600). These are found in recon camps, military bases, crates, supply boxes and from military zombies.

4. Special grade - This grade include special ammunitions like: Armor-piercing, hollow-point, shotguns slugs, incendiary and others. Those ammunitions can be only found.

Overall this is my basic idea how ammo system should be...

This concept is really interesting and will provide even better gaming experience. It has its own pros and cons and most important - will keep you much more time in the game (you wont craft ammunitions in day 15). Also other pros is when playing with friends - when you split your roles like: medic,builder,armourer... It will add more role-play experience.

The complexity is the only big downside ... or maybe not ?

Well enough writing from me...

Once again i apologize for my poor english and inadequate grammar, i hope you can understand my point of view.

Archived