Regarding sleepers

Atrophied

I'm investigating multiple ways to shut down sleeper spawns inside a POI since I'm a big fan of converting POIs, at least to get started...

There is the bedroll, any intersecting sleeper spawner within the deadzone, default 15 x 15 x 15, (radius turns into a cube due to grid), is suspended, I dunno about disabled though, meaning if you pick it back up they may reactivate. Regarding reports of multiplayer games and offline players bedrolls not blocking spawns, I imagine picking it back up restarts the spawn timer.

Another I happened across is to fill the space the zombies spawn with a block temporarily and it will destroy/disable the spawner perminently... this one however is heresay for the moment, and I'm wondering if theres a debug command that will let me see the sleeper spawner locations as wireframe so I can test if they get removed or not.

I have also read that its 'possible' they stay disabled if you clear all spawners in the building before you move in... I have my doubts about that one though.

You can consult this sticky for information. In general, only the present state of things affects spawning rules, and what used to be there doesn't matter.

Awesome, TY, I missed that one completely.

So it looks like all I have to do is frequent my base at least once every 5 days, and/or place and keep active one sleeping bag and sleepers shouldn't respawn. Replacing sleeper volumes would work perminently on a persistant server but be pretty useless on an SP game..

It has been a while since I played this game. So let me see if I understand this correctly... If say I want to use a 2 story POI house in the plains as a base all I have to do is frequent there often and lay a sleeping bag and sleepers will not spawn there?

What about upstairs vs downstairs? Does one sleeping bag down stairs effect upstairs? Or am I not understanding this at all because last time I played (close to a year ago maybe?) it did not work.

Frequenting doesn't work, just came back to my base after a distant mining trip on day 5 and was ambushed by 3 sleepers.

An active bedroll is the only way to block sleeper spawns.... Ill be surviving this horde night and moving on to build a base... ground up, no sleepers. Driving me nuts too that wandering hordes are burrowing straight through buildings as well.

As far as I'm aware, the bedroll covers a 15x15x15 cube. Its a 7 block radius, but thanks to the grid effect, it becomes a cube... I'm assuming.

Archived