Exploding blocks

sandman2838

I am pretty sure I've seen this before but couldn't find it. Anyway, xbox 1, scavenger, default except no running, in the small town sw of hub city. I had marked off and cleared the area for my build, then dug down one block deep over the entire area (41x41) While placing the adobe blocks for the floor, I noticed every now and then a placed block that wasn't attached to another block it would just simply explode, no hint something was up. I could try several times and it would do the same thing, then, by placing a block in the adjacent square first, the block in question could then be placed.

As to your questions, I leveled the ground with frames before digging and dug everything by hand. The blocks have behaved normally since without problems. I have a video and will upload tonight.

Hi Sandman,

Thanks for reporting this, there have been similar reports, but I believe those issues were resolved. Your video would definitely help the team in investigating this, so I'll keep an eye on this thread for it.

Clare

Thanks for the video sandman, I shall pass this onto the team.

The de-syncing is usually caused by connections struggling to be maintained, could be something as simple as a drop in connection (Upload for host, Download for client) The more extreme version is the client not appearing to move at all and then disconnecting.

Thanks for the video sandman, I shall pass this onto the team.

The de-syncing is usually caused by connections struggling to be maintained, could be something as simple as a drop in connection (Upload for host, Download for client) The more extreme version is the client not appearing to move at all and then disconnecting.

I know, and a simple system reset cleared it. I was just thinking as I watched him rubber band around that it would make one entertaining video, maybe with a background soundtrack of "Can't touch This!" or something.

I was just hoping to put things in perspective. With all the problems this game has (and let's be honest it has many), it is still one of the most enjoyable games I have played. I think the Dev's are doing a good job, and though the current progress on problems seems to be slow, I prefer a slow, thorough approach to a "quick fix" that creates more problems than it solves.

I may not always agree with their decisions (like the dogs), or like the changes they make (like the dogs) but I am grateful that they are still vested in the game and interested in making it better. Game development has a learning curve every time and sometimes decisions (like the dogs) are met with disappointment. Sometimes decisions (like the dogs) need to e reworked.

In the end, this was not a collaboration between the players and the dev's but a creation by the dev's for our enjoyment. Their desire to keep the game enjoyable, yet challenging has led them to make certain decisions. I may not agree with all of them (like the dogs) but in the overall scheme of things this is one H#%& of a game and I appreciate all that they do.

A vid like that to Can't Touch This does actually sound really funny ^_^

I get the sense you weren't to happy with the dogs... not sure why... call it a hunch. Thank you for your understanding when it comes to fixing issues. I'm glad you still find the game so enjoyable! I'll pass your message onto the team - it's always great to hear postitive feedback, even if there's some aspects players aren't fond of (like the dogs).

Hi Sandman,

Just a follow up question from the team - is there anything under your base at all? (Cave, Mine, etc) as it looks like it's a structural integrity collapse (especially becuase other blocks support it), there might be something there that's causing it to happen for those block types.

Hopefully the rest building is going up for you ok.

Clare

The seed was the current Builder's Challenge, the location was on the north side of town around 2440 N 75 W. Due to some issues I was forced to restart the build and went back to same local on a regeneration of the seed. The same thing happened. I even dug straight down to bedrock on one, no cave. Had this happen before but only after digging out a few more blocks. This was literally one layer of flattened ground. Can't say that it's a major deal, as it doesn't seem to effect SI anywhere else. The new support system is working as planned, and I now have a floating base!

Archived