Ally Restrictions

Agronox

Is there any way, either in config, CBSM, or otherwise, to prevent your allies from being able to break or place blocks within your claim? I am trying to setup a public server with a public trading post and bloodmoon safe zone, but my good friend just doesn't understand the concept of not building or breaking blocks at this public base. I want to remain his ally, but don't want him to be able to edit the public base. I am using CBSM, is there maybe a setting on there to make this happen?

I would recommend using botman. You can set a zone so that they will not be able to modify it.

IMHO, you should have stopped using CBSM and switched to botman over a year ago. CBSM has not has support for a very long time, and is considered a dead project. Be sure to change your IP address in it's settings before you kill it. Otherwise it will continue to flood your ports even after you leave.

I would recommend using botman. You can set a zone so that they will not be able to modify it.

IMHO, you should have stopped using CBSM and switched to botman over a year ago. CBSM has not has support for a very long time, and is considered a dead project. Be sure to change your IP address in it's settings before you kill it. Otherwise it will continue to flood your ports even after you leave.

Does botman have an in game economy/currency plugin? Or is there an independent one that will work with botman?

WTF?! Could the process of setting up a server manager be any more complicated than BOTMAN?! There isn't even a comprehensive guide on it and you need to install like 20 different programs. How?!

WTF?! Could the process of setting up a server manager be any more complicated than BOTMAN?! There isn't even a comprehensive guide on it and you need to install like 20 different programs. How?!

Well, you do have a few options.

A. You can pay for CBSM and use the Landmark feature. *

B. You can pay for CBSM and get nothing. (yes, I've had reports of people paying for the extra features, and never receiving them.) *

C. You can pay for Botman hosting, and have a fully functioning tool with more features and actual support.

D. You can use Botman for free and get help from Smegzor in setting it up.

E. You may be able to make a small donation and have Smegzor set a bot up for you. (He may even have space to host it for you.)

F. You can get your learning on and set it up yourself. It's really not as hard as it looks, and Smegzor has been constantly working on updating the support documents. If you run into any issues, there is a very active thread where you can ask questions and get really fast responses most of the time.

Really no matter how you cut it, you are going to have to pay for it one way or another. Either you pay with money, or in your own time and effort. Rarely is anything truly free. It's your choice how you accomplish it.

In my humble opinion, you will have the best overall experience, support, and reliability by choosing one of the options with Botman.

* It should also be noted that just because you are paying for CBSM does not mean it will work. It also does not mean you will get support. alanine does not even post on his own support forum since over a year ago.

Archived