Auger time!!!!!!!!

andrewcu

On day 68 I was finally able to assemble an auger! I would have been able to a lot sooner however, the damned MD5 error took everything i had early on and i wasnt able to find another auger blade until last night. Any tips? i had 23 repair kits and used 4 of them repairing the parts to build it, so 19 left. Ill be going to the trader to look for more there, and i am definitely going to the dessert soon to start a shale mine for gas now. It is on like Donkey Kong!

If you're a mole like me, and like digging out tunnel systems, the Auger will be your best friend. It is resource expensive to maintain, however. Shale should cover the gas needs. For the repair kits, oil will be the most difficult resource to keep up on since you can't craft it. It shouldn't be too bad, though. Oil tends to drop from most loot sources, and you can amass a good amount from tearing down cars.

You don't have to take it apart to repair it. It doesn't drop the durability. That way it will only take 3. Depending on what you have your block durability set to, say 100 when your auger is half gone and it starts taking 1 more hit to break stone you can repair it and it will only cost 2 repair kits.

Go to the trader whenever​ he resets and see if he has parts or full auger. Don't combine your blades until you can make them 500. .

Sucks it took you until day 68. I play 2 hour days. On day 30. Had 2 500+ augers since day 15 ish. Helped alot with my 52x52x18 pit I dug. That took alot of gas. 1 day in the desert I got 8 stacks of shale.

What I do when getting shale is I go to a part of the map that I won't visit much I'll dig down to bedrock. Dig in a straight line until I find something and GO CRAZY.

Enjoy. ..... Let me know if you can get ALL resources gathered back to your base in 1 trip

What I do when getting shale is I go to a part of the map that I won't visit much I'll dig down to bedrock. Dig in a straight line until I find something and GO CRAZY.

If you do find a large area of materials, it helps to tackle it from the top down. Otherwise, if you go from the bottom up, you run more of a risk of the sand collapsing beneath the material nodes. This will shatter the node and turn it into a dropped item that you have to pick up. The drop disappears fairly quickly, so you can't just let them pile up to collect later.

But yeah, once you get a lot of shale stocked up, you can set up a bunch of Chem Stations & crank out the gas cans. You can craft 6000 gas cans per Chem Station unattended, as that is the max output capacity. With the Faster Crafting perk maxed out, the total time per 6000 is about 3m 48s with about 24 wood for fuel. For better storage, you can take a full inventory of cans over to your workbench and convert them to barrels if you have nothing else queued, and go do other things since they take awhile to produce.

I know the amounts of fuel to use. I'm still at 4 minutes for my cans.

I don't bother with the stuff that falls. When I do it that way I only get a few that fall. No cave in yet. Alot of times I will dig up to the start of the resources then go down. I've dug out pretty big areas with no problems. I don't care if it caves in either. That's why I go somewhere that I won't visit much.

For me it's getting as much as I can in a short period of time.

If I wasn't playing single player I would show you my dig sites. They're really easy to get lost in

I know the amounts of fuel to use. I'm still at 4 minutes for my cans.

I don't bother with the stuff that falls. When I do it that way I only get a few that fall. No cave in yet. Alot of times I will dig up to the start of the resources then go down. I've dug out pretty big areas with no problems. I don't care if it caves in either. That's why I go somewhere that I won't visit much.

For me it's getting as much as I can in a short period of time.

If I wasn't playing single player I would show you my dig sites. They're really easy to get lost in

Oh yea, i have plenty of massive caves that actually connect to my base tunnels. surplus of iron lol

<recipe name="oil" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation">
<ingredient name="oilShale" count="24"/>
<ingredient name="canEmpty" count="1"/>
</recipe>

You can't make oil on the console? Oh that sucks.

You can make oil on PC? Oh crap, now i want/need an update...:crushed:

Archived