need help

random person

There could be a conflict where Alpha 1 and Alpha 16 want to use the same file, except each needs a different version of that file. From what I can tell, Alpha 1 was before Steam managed everything, so Steam wouldn't catch this. So yes, uninstalling Alpha 16 using Steam would be worth trying. What did the console say about a bug?

There could be a conflict where Alpha 1 and Alpha 16 want to use the same file, except each needs a different version of that file. From what I can tell, Alpha 1 was before Steam managed everything, so Steam wouldn't catch this. So yes, uninstalling Alpha 16 using Steam would be worth trying. What did the console say about a bug?

Somthing about an unknown entity

I don't have experience with that version of the game, but maybe someone else can help you. I can verify that 8.7 is the last pre-Steam release.

It would be more helpful to tell us the full text of any errors you're getting. Any colored text in the console is potentially important. 'Something about an unknown entity' isn't enough to be helpful. In fact you can follow the instructions here, except you should report back here and not in the bug section since this is for an older build.

Do you remember where you "randomly" downloaded this version? It could be a malformed download rather than something on your end.

Archived