Blinding fog... too extreme!

Pleasant Pain

I searched through the forums and saw only a few posts which indirectly or spontaneously diverted into this topic. But, I apologize if this has been mentioned already. Since I didn't see anything specifically mention it directly I wanted to share my thoughts on the blinding fog that is rampant, especially in the forest biome.

I've been playing a game on a random gen that's mostly forest or wasteland, but heard forest was a well balanced starter area so I stuck with it. Now it's day 40+ and easily 4-5 days a week the fog is so thick it blots out the sun... all day. There is literally not even the haze of a glowing sun visible all day. There are times that even with a flashlight I can only barely see the vague outline of a crawler that is slashing at my ankles.

I can understand that thick fog does occur in forest areas. However, not ALL the time, everyday, for days and days on end. It's not a balanced biome if I can't even see five or ten blocks in front of my character for most of the week. I can't avoid a bear if it is charging at me before I can see it everytime I venture outside. I can't hunt a stag if it runs away before I can see it everyday the weather is foggy. Trees wouldn't be able to grow the size they are in a forest in no sunlight reaches them most of the year.

I'm not saying reduce the amount of fog that occurs in the game for the forest biome, just if it does happen it should be gone by 10am latest. Maybe once a month it's an all day occurrence. Once a week at the most.

I really, really enjoy the game and recognize the game is still in developement. But, the frustration experienced with constant blinding fog that never ends has got to stop or it will be a game killer. There is little point in including a biome intended for starting players to develop if that biome naturally impedes a player's progression to enjoy the game. The game has to appeal to casual gamers as well as hardcore gamers to be really successful, so this criticism is meant to address those interests is all.

Thanks for the info guys, it does work a lot better now.

Unfortunately, day 42 at 9pm the game crashed.

Reloaded and lost all my chests, campfire, forge, workbench, etc. I basically had nothing an hour before hell on earth.

For now, I'm done with the game. That killed it for me. I maybe get an hour a week to play and that's too much invested gameplay gone.

Thanks for the help though.

Thanks for the info guys, it does work a lot better now.

Unfortunately, day 42 at 9pm the game crashed.

Reloaded and lost all my chests, campfire, forge, workbench, etc. I basically had nothing an hour before hell on earth.

For now, I'm done with the game. That killed it for me. I maybe get an hour a week to play and that's too much invested gameplay gone.

Thanks for the help though.

Buh bye!!

Archived