Is there now only one “hub” city?

Pinz

By “hub” city, I mean a large city (8-10 streets each way) that has the different sound effects and the greenish tint.

On an old map under a different patch, I could find another large city at the south end of the map that had the same characteristics as a hub city. On my current playthrough with the latest patch, all of the other large cities (not located near 0,0) have the normal sound effects and weather.

Did I miss the change or has this always been there?

On my current seed, I think I have found two hubs, maybe three. This is off the top of my head. They are as you described, with the green toxic looking atmosphere and mechanical clanking sounds mixed with muffled screams. Also, it seems the full buffet of baddies are wandering the streets (except for lumberjacks, as far as I have seen). I have yet to explore a hub, but I'm itching to get out to one & set up an outpost.

Technically the "hub" city was only at 0,0. All other large cities have always been a possibility.

On newer PC builds the "hub" city at 0,0 is no longer a guarantee. There is a chance that it will not spawn and you will only have the other random cities.

Large cities are nice for looting, and their chance to spawn is based almost entirely on your seed. You could have a map with only one, you could have a map with 10.

Technically the "hub" city was only at 0,0. All other large cities have always been a possibility.

On newer PC builds the "hub" city at 0,0 is no longer a guarantee. There is a chance that it will not spawn and you will only have the other random cities.

Large cities are nice for looting, and their chance to spawn is based almost entirely on your seed. You could have a map with only one, you could have a map with 10.

So what do you call the city that has the same toxic tint, sound effects, buildings, and zombies as the “hub” city but is not located at 0,0?

So what do you call the city that has the same toxic tint, sound effects, buildings, and zombies as the “hub” city but is not located at 0,0?

It’s simply called a CITY. The smaller areas could be called towns... people just associate the other larger cities because they resemble the city found at 0, 0

Archived