Server Settings for Time

Grimstout

My broheim and I are wanting to create two servers, one with 12 hour cycle(one real hour for 2 in game hours) and one with a 24 hour cycle(one real hour for 1 in game hour). We need to know where in the configuration files do we put this, also is there an option that can be place for continual running even when no one is on?

***We do understand how hard that is going to make the 7 day hordes. These will be streamed on both of our channels. We are gluttons for punishment :)

Sadly, you cannot set it higher than 240 minutes without issues. Higher than 360 breaks things badly.

It should also be noted that it's not going to have any noticeable difference in the 7-day hordes. At least not if you can kill the full horde spawn in the usual night-time period. (With 120-minute days, this is easily done.) You'll just end up defeating the main waves, and then will have hours of 2 GPS Z's spawning for each player until morning.

I don't believe you can set it to run when no one is connected. That issue was fixed several builds ago. Although if you wanted to, you could roll back to something like a10.4 where it wasn't fixed. You may even find a mod for that version to allow the game day cycles the way you wish them.

Archived