At least the minibike doesn't break IN the water

Lockspur

Was riding my fancy new(ish) bike to the treasure point, and doing it off-roadingly, when I was crossing a forest and saw a ravine in front of me. Managed to swerve, but ended up going in a different part of it. Putting the bike underwater by 1 block. Thankfully, I was able to sod around the bike, then use empty jars to remove the water source blocks. Dug a 45 degree tunnel to the surface and off I went.

Granted, I had to loot a nearby house to find empty jars/cans, but thankfully they were there.

Got back on the bike and decided to head for home (wasted too much time with the rescue efforts). Saw the road ahead and made a beeline. But a deeper crevice was just over the hill, and the bike sank several blocks below water. OH! And to make things interesting, when I surfaced, a bear was staring me in the face. Thank GAWD for armor and high wellness. I grabbed my stuff from the bike basket, dug myself out of the pit, and just hoofed it home. Screw it, I can make another. And I did. And I went back after the treasure.

(MEANWHILE, AT THE LEGION OF DOOM!)

On the road in the desert. Slow decline, but smooth. A chicken runs across the road, and I aim right for it. I get the "ba-CAWK!", and the game freezes. At least it appeared to. I was able to turn my view, but the bike was stuck on what looked like a 2" drop in the road...the chicken was under the bike. The 2" gap, upon turning my view, was nothingness...like it was glitched out.

No problem, I dismount.

And the bike goes sailing forward...under the road. Gone. The only thing I knew to do was quit and re-open.

Loaded my map (taquitos), and I appeared behind the bike, which was now above ground, just ahead of the dead chicken. And the 2" gap was gone.

I decided to carefully ride home, and call it a night.

P.S. taquitos was a decent biome layout. Burned forest, desert, green forest and some snow. I've located 2 towns in close proximity, but haven't ventured out to find the hub yet.

P.P.S. I didn't know you could wrench work benches and spotlights. Saved me a ton of time and effort when I move.

You're other option was to disassemble the bike and carry it out in your backpack. I had to do that once when I was playing split screen. For what I'm assuming are processing power related reasons, whenever I play with someone else it starts snowing to the point where I can't see a single thing in front of me. Drove right into the water.

Yea I have been testing what you can wrench, and it works for all of the workstations. Forge, campfire( but why its only 8 stone), cement mixer, chem station and workbench. Just whack em to wear down durability and use the wrench for the last few points.

Don't get to used to that. If we get more alpha 16 balancing, wrenching workstations will become a thing of the past.

Yeah, I have been annoyed tons of times by accidentally running my minibike into water or worse spikes. All you have to do is make a chest, empty your inventory, get the bike inventory, and then take it apart and remake it on land. But it is definitely still inconvenient. Joel from the fun pimps looks to be adding the ability to drive underwater at a much lower speed so we can avoid that (but you would obviously be drowning if under for some time). But that is something that will be coming with Alpha 17 on PC, so it could be a long time before it ever reaches us (if it even does).

I didn't think to take it apart. I was enjoying the challenge of being able to drive it out of the pond, but when the other one went down, I just moved on.

And what would be the point of driving it underwater? I presume it would be marginally faster than swimming, but you'd still need to come up for air.

The point would be simply not having to take it apart to get it out of the water. In the current state if you bike is under water you have to take it apart or it is gone forever. The driving under water aspect just means if you have an oops moment and land in a river you can get out without playing the inventory management game.

Archived