New user issues

Asderftgyhjkl

Hi, i have recently purchased 7 days to die on my PS4 (Username: TurtleDerpy) i am having numerous issues with the game and have been since first downloading it, the game consistently freezes and crashes as well as having a high input lag. PlayStation has recommended a few fixes (redownloading, rebuilding database) none of which worked. I was redirected to TellTale Games and then to this forum for help, has anybody experienced similar issues and if so what worked for you?

Ben English

Certain items can cause lag - lots of torches, trees and lights in a small space are the common issues. I would also suggest clearing your cache before a session (fully power down the PS4 for at least 5 minutes).

If it's a download copy, it might be worth running the registry clean up (its in settings somewhere, I forget where).

Hi Asderftgyhjkl,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the game.

Is this happening with all saves you try start? or one in particular?

Is there any lag in the menus at all, or just within the saves themselves?

If one save in particular could you give me the details of the save? as Damselx1 mentioned a large number of items like spikes, torches etc gathered in the one area can cause a buildup in lag. If this is something that appeared after some building this could be a factor.

I may be wrong Damselx1, but I think the registry cleanup is the same as the rebuilding database option in settings.

If you did try clearing the cache as described by Damselx1 above, please let me know.

Clare

I may be wrong Damselx1, but I think the registry cleanup is the same as the rebuilding database option in settings.

I thought they were separate options but I'm not entirely sure about that, it's been a while since I needed to do it. I'll have to take a look next time I'm on the playstation - just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Thank you

Certain items can cause lag - lots of torches, trees and lights in a small space are the common issues. I would also suggest clearing your cache before a session (fully power down the PS4 for at least 5 minutes).

If it's a download copy, it might be worth running the registry clean up (its in settings somewhere, I forget where).

thank you for the suggestions however I haven’t placed down any items yet and I have tried rebuilding database before but the issues still persist, do you know any other methods

Hi Asderftgyhjkl,

Would it be possible to get more details on your save from the questions I mentioned above?

As well as that, have you tried playing with your internet turned off?

Can you also confirm what version shows up on the lower left hand corner of the main menu, it should read 1.18 if you are up to date.

Clare

Archived