XML coding for a world with just water and forest biomes

Phicksur

I am looking to build something in creative and I want a world where I can generate a decent coastline and a large city that borders it.

I do not know much about XML coding, but I believe my request is simple enough that someone will be able to tell me how to do what I want.

I want forest biomes and water biomes, each very large, and nothing else (trees, grasses and such are ok, but no other biomes or cities or POIs).

Preferrably the transition between forests and water should be very cliff-like, with about 5-15m vertical distance between the water and the forest 'floor'. The forest does not need to be flat at all, just no giant mountains or anything. Also, no roads.

Can anyone help me with this?

Generating just water and forests is easy. Open rwgmixer, go down to the biome generator at the bottom and comment out everything except forest and water. Then set prob=1 for forest and that bit is done.

POI's and cities... Look for this.

wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="25,35"

Set spawn_min_max to 0,0 and that should remove all wilderness POI's. For cities I think you just comment the city generation code near the top.

That should do it. Cliffs are a lot harder but I'm sure Tin can advise on that and correct anything I'm wrong on :)

wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault" spawn_min_max="25,35"

If I replace 25,35 with 0,0 in the game hangs at the "Loading Items...." portion.

I changed it to 0,1 and it will load that way, and that seems to minimize spawning.

I altered the size of the cities (height and width) to be 0 and that seems to have eliminated the cities. Editing them out at the time caused the game to crash.

Altering the path radius to 0 seems to have eliminated the gravel and asphalt roads.

Commenting out the biomes I don't want caused the game to crash.

Changing the Range to have the same beginning and end appears to have largely eliminated the biomes to the ones I want, IF I alter the biomes I want to obtain all the range.

Alter the line for water to <terrain_generator range="-31,10"/> seems to provide more watery area, which is something I was needing as well.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. Now to find out what seed I need for the terrain layout I am hunting for.

Archived