XUI/windows question

Sorrowthief

I used to have this working where it made my tooltip look like a jornal by inserting the picture in the link but I cannot figure out how to get my text to show through it anymore. The journal image pops up but I cant see my tooltip text like I used to. Does anyone know what settings I need to change to get the text to appear inside this image again? I feel like it must have something to do with the depth but I'm lost.

<window name="windowTip" width="718" height="770" controller="TipWindow" panel="Center">
	<panel name="header" pos="3,0" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header" >
		<sprite depth="500" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_quest"/>
		<label style="header.name" text="Quest" />
	</panel>
	<rect name="content" pos="0,-46" height="770" depth="1" pivot="center">
		<sprite depth="1" name="background" pos="0,0" color="[black]" type="sliced">
			<texture depth="500" name="backgroundMain" width="718" height="770" pos="3,-3" texture="@https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pVqvPRDd5CCaiJSIWakyY_lvoEmGO628JpF2yt2yDpWlF2YjhQxB1OFNI-SCVuBX-XBykIKUtxa7OpmsuWj8iXyRU217cTAKB9a9KbxXwVQ0VymNXAxjtTOsm8cwRGoVGCV37jDXOX7NT1U_jEnup0vvkRm1GzcMWWaA8bbOF7nXhGKjWVEnqjl-2CsZG9LO-2w0l_IMeLggyOx2b_tKq9Kd0Awkr6jWKTyspcDyynoebjebLCRZS3PPG-l1BmKNsbslgI5u--PjcvruDd1iN5fqOUugOnvH07ps_Gg7EImW7Tx6YU3LiEBO-krLkvYozush-wVqR-UeaAciRypwugcN8TR9wOc6jMsaBcmlloKCCRWtnBzmLxsIOzQsNG8hbEPkEIwdrAHhocHLWLlEm2xSoHle7l7aF22f7BP0CbuxCszEkG0S21LORqjvdtnOzQ8m1tFB7hizFRw2T933oxCRWEa5LrzSvR58el03QGPHl3G4eBnQpckq0Tl0Y8XjP3V3zW_lHrkazoYa-bYv2QCEX5jfmB6K08jNE_vZyV0FhfMOngHJSE-s3kcmaNb9EtSrs19YiOtW1aL9IleJgDt-xcrbAA=w665-h482-no" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>
		</sprite>	
		<sprite color="[black]" type="sliced" />
		<label depth="600" name="descriptionText" pos="85,-85" color="[borderColor]" text="{TipText}" width="550" font_size="28" overflow="resizeheight" />

<rect name="btnContinue" depth="500" pos="585,-700" height="48" width="80">
			<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />	
			<sprite depth="2" name="background" pos="3,-3" sprite="menu_empty" width="3" height="22" color="[black]" type="sliced" />
			<rect depth="3" pos="0,0" height="42">
				<button name="clickable" sprite="menu_empty" defaultcolor="[black]" hoversprite="ui_game_select_row" hovercolor="[red]" type="sliced" hoverscale="1.0"/>

<label depth="2" name="windowName" pos="0,3" justify="center" text="CONTINUE" text_key="btnContinue" font_size="35" />
			</rect>
		</rect>
	</rect>
</window> 

Depth 0 is the background depth 1 would be on top of depth 0 so if you have a background image set to depth 8 for eg your text needs to be at least depth 9 to display it on top of that depth.

There should be no need to go into the 500's for depth and I am not sure if there is a depth limit or not. Keep them between 0 and 10 there should be no real reason to go beyond that.

even though this is vanilla code I think each new element now requires a name in order for it to be recognized so for eg.

<sprite color="[black]" type="sliced" /> <-- not having a name might not allow it to register, in previous alphas this was not an issue I could be wrong.

EDIT:

Might help if you post a screenshot too since I am unsure of what it currently looks like and what yo want it to look like.

Ok I figured it out.

http://raptr.com/sorrowsthief/wall?client_mode=1&client=1&utm_source=client_amd&utm_medium=raptrclient&utm_campaign=unknown

<window name="windowTip" width="718" height="770" controller="TipWindow" panel="Center">
	<panel name="header" pos="3,0" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
		<sprite depth="2" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_pen" />
		<label style="header.name" text="{tiptitle}" width="718" />
	</panel>
	<rect name="content" pos="0,-46" height="770" depth="1" pivot="center">
		<sprite depth="1" name="background" pos="0,0" color="[black]" type="sliced">
			<texture depth="500" name="backgroundMain" width="718" height="770" pos="3,-3" texture="@https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pVqvPRDd5CCaiJSIWakyY_lvoEmGO628JpF2yt2yDpWlF2YjhQxB1OFNI-SCVuBX-XBykIKUtxa7OpmsuWj8iXyRU217cTAKB9a9KbxXwVQ0VymNXAxjtTOsm8cwRGoVGCV37jDXOX7NT1U_jEnup0vvkRm1GzcMWWaA8bbOF7nXhGKjWVEnqjl-2CsZG9LO-2w0l_IMeLggyOx2b_tKq9Kd0Awkr6jWKTyspcDyynoebjebLCRZS3PPG-l1BmKNsbslgI5u--PjcvruDd1iN5fqOUugOnvH07ps_Gg7EImW7Tx6YU3LiEBO-krLkvYozush-wVqR-UeaAciRypwugcN8TR9wOc6jMsaBcmlloKCCRWtnBzmLxsIOzQsNG8hbEPkEIwdrAHhocHLWLlEm2xSoHle7l7aF22f7BP0CbuxCszEkG0S21LORqjvdtnOzQ8m1tFB7hizFRw2T933oxCRWEa5LrzSvR58el03QGPHl3G4eBnQpckq0Tl0Y8XjP3V3zW_lHrkazoYa-bYv2QCEX5jfmB6K08jNE_vZyV0FhfMOngHJSE-s3kcmaNb9EtSrs19YiOtW1aL9IleJgDt-xcrbAA=w665-h482-no" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>
		</sprite>	
		<label depth="600" name="descriptionText" pos="85,-85" color="[black]" text="{tiptext}" width="550" font_size="28" overflow="resizeheight" />
		<rect name="btnContinue" depth="500" pos="585,-700" height="48" width="80">
			<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
			<sprite depth="2" name="background" pos="3,-3" sprite="menu_empty" width="3" height="22" color="[black]" type="sliced" />
			<rect depth="3" pos="0,0" height="42">
				<button name="clickable" sprite="menu_empty" defaultcolor="[black]" hoversprite="ui_game_select_row" hovercolor="[red]" type="sliced" hoverscale="1.0" />
				<label depth="2" name="windowName" pos="0,3" justify="center" text="CONTINUE" text_key="btnContinue" font_size="35" />
			</rect>
		</rect>
	</rect>
</window>

Nice good work, was going to boot it up if you were still having trouble.

Also I should mention that there was a bug that did not allow you to add new quest tooltip pop up windows due to a hard coding issue, adding new ones would cause an error or something, idk if was fixed or how serious the error is, but I do remember having to remove my custom tutorial tooltip pup up due to it causing an issue reported by users and removing it fixed it, but I hope it all works out.

Archived