i cant enable cheat mode

newzombiedude1067

so i got the game because i saw my friends on pc it looked fun and it has been so far. my problem is that no matter what mode i go into, no matter how i do any options i cannot enable the creative menu. ive looked everywhere online and facebook and i seem to be the only person who has had this issue. yeah sure i could just play creative mode but then theres no zombies to kill and thats boring. i want the creative menu for other modes so i can crank up the hordes and really have some fun. im hopeing that maybe some of the creators or admins or even someone whos been playing it for awhile on xbox one can help me. i got a digital copy so i cant return it and the friends who introduced me to it only have played it for pc and ps4 so they dont know why either. please someone help me!

Hi Newzombiedude1067,

The path should be as follows....

New game > Character Select > Local Game > Local Game Options > Modded Options > Cheats (you need to scroll down to see this) On

or

New game > Character Select > Private Game > Private Game Options > Modded Options > Cheats

When in the game, hold down square and select the light bulb to access the creative menu. Or tap square and scroll to the light bulb

if you cant see these, can you give me a screen shot of what you do see?

Thank you,

Clare

I have XBox, I turned on creative mode and just thought I had done something wrong until, by mistake, I opened the Creative menu. I always have all the regular default settings except for day length which I make 120. I had never played creative mode before so didn’t know how it worked. Pretty cool, zombies and all the cool stuff to build with. It’s as Clare said, nothing remarkable happens when the game starts, if you don’t open the creative menu in the game you could play the whole game and never know it was turned on. There is nothing different about it.

I have XBox, I turned on creative mode and just thought I had done something wrong until, by mistake, I opened the Creative menu. I always have all the regular default settings except for day length which I make 120. I had never played creative mode before so didn’t know how it worked. Pretty cool, zombies and all the cool stuff to build with. It’s as Clare said, nothing remarkable happens when the game starts, if you don’t open the creative menu in the game you could play the whole game and never know it was turned on. There is nothing different about it.

ive seen my friends do it and it does look fun but i cant get it to work for me. my window for it wont pop up

Hi newzombiedude1067,

I don't have an email but you could host them on a third party side or one drive and link them, or, there is an email i use for transferring save data you could send them to. This email isn't manned, so you'll need to let me know when you've sent them so i can retrieve them.

I'll take a look at them asap but any questions I have about them or further suggestions will be posted back here.

Clare

Hi newzombiedude1067,

I don't have an email but you could host them on a third party side or one drive and link them, or, there is an email i use for transferring save data you could send them to. This email isn't manned, so you'll need to let me know when you've sent them so i can retrieve them.

I'll take a look at them asap but any questions I have about them or further suggestions will be posted back here.

Clare

ok cool if you can send me that email address ill send you the pics on my break thabk you

Hi newzombiedude1067,

Thank you for understanding, and my apologies, it was my intention to include the email at the end of the previous message. The email is [email protected] I will keep an eye out for your alert about the images.

For anyone else reading this, a reminder - this email is NOT manned by anyone, it is for the transfer of requested information only. Any bug reports sent to this email will not get a response and likely not be seen for a long time.

Thank you,

Clare

• 4 weeks later...
Hi newzombiedude1067,

Thank you for understanding, and my apologies, it was my intention to include the email at the end of the previous message. The email is [email protected] I will keep an eye out for your alert about the images.

For anyone else reading this, a reminder - this email is NOT manned by anyone, it is for the transfer of requested information only. Any bug reports sent to this email will not get a response and likely not be seen for a long time.

Thank you,

Clare

hi again. sorry it took so long to do it but i sent and email with a video attachment in it. the subject line reads “newzombiedude1067”. thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. From what I can see you are selecting cheat mode, then you are selecting survivalist rule set which resets cheat mode back to default Off setting. Try selecting rule set survivalist then enabling cheat mode. Note, selecting a rule set defeats most options you select under standard and moded options and sets them to default for that particular rule set. Basically selecting a ruleset gives you standardized modifications. At least I think that's right as I don't use rule sets. One way to check is to check where the rules are after you select a given rule set. Namely after you check survivalist go back and check the other mods you made, I think you will find several have changed. Hope this helps.

Okay. From what I can see you are selecting cheat mode, then you are selecting survivalist rule set which resets cheat mode back to default Off setting. Try selecting rule set survivalist then enabling cheat mode. Note, selecting a rule set defeats most options you select under standard and moded options and sets them to default for that particular rule set. Basically selecting a ruleset gives you standardized modifications. At least I think that's right as I don't use rule sets. One way to check is to check where the rules are after you select a given rule set. Namely after you check survivalist go back and check the other mods you made, I think you will find several have changed. Hope this helps.

holy crap that really worked, at least for local. ill try the other modes later. thank you for the help

to claire thank you fkr your time and patience has well

Archived