Issue with signs

Delaron

[Moved from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58744-Signs/page4 by Clare]

I have noticed this issue on the PC multiplayer server I am on as well. I had assumed it was a permissions issue but maybe its a related issue.

I have not done extensive testing but the 1x3 wooden sign will not allow me to edit when I try to select the edit pencil icon.

Hi Delaron,

I moved your post out of the Signs thread so I can address your issue seperately. Please be careful when posting new reports as necroposting (revival of older threads) is frowned upon on the forums by the mods (wouldn't want you to end up flagged by them!), especially if there have been multiple patches or changes since the original thread was started. The one you commented on was from February of last year and while it could be related to that issue, in future, it's best to create a new thread and link back to an older one if you feel it is relevant to your situation.

With regards to the 1x3 wooden signs issue, is it only this sign that will not let you write on it? can you please tell what what type of game you are playing, and where you are placing (above anything, on what block type, etc)? Also, did you make the sign, or another player?

I haven't heard of sign issues for a while so I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention and hopefully we can work out what is causing this issue for you.

Kind regards,

Clare

My apologies! Someone forgot what year it is...:miserable:

With regards to the 1x3 wooden signs issue, is it only this sign that will not let you write on it?

So far I have only tested the singular sign. I will test other signs tonight.

can you please tell what what type of game you are playing

Randomly Generated map Multiplayer PC server (No Mods)

where you are placing (above anything, on what block type, etc)?

I placed it on a block that is part of a pre-built structure (house) on the outskirts of a city in the desert biome. Wood appearance. I will grab a screen shot tonight.

Also, did you make the sign, or another player?

I created and placed the sign myself within my claimed area.

Hi Derlaron,

I'm sorry for the confusion, when I saw you mention PC in your first post, I thought you were referencing PC had the similar issue, but you were playing on Console. I'm afraid I can't help with PC issues as I only work in the Console section of the site. I have however, moved your issue to PC general support where hopefully the community or a team member there can assist you.

Kind regards,

Clare

I had this problem a coupla days ago. My sign was placed above a hatch (or maybe it was a storage box) Anyhoo I moved the sign and it worked just dandy.

Edit: Come to think of it, it may have been above a ladder.

Hello! Just as davejustdave mentioned - items can get in the way of you editing the sign.

BUT - when someone else makes a sign they will have to unlock them for you to edit them.

Archived