Quick question about heat maps

jackleroy

So, I'm assuming the answer is no, but I'm worried I may have just been lucky so far. The question is: If I leave my forge, mixer and chem station on during the day and leave, will it attract screamer hordes in my absence? I have a tendency to leave my draw bridge down and my door open so I can just run inside when I return at night, so what are the chances that I'll just walk into a bunch of feral wights having a dinner party in my living room one day?

At my old outpost across the river form corn field I get two screamers at a time. Its a total party. So many hordes so little time. I have to take a couple trip back and forth to the roof top to the boxes and back down to keep looting them. I stopped there last night to get cord seeds and cobs for my garden. Boobie trap is a bit far away. Getting low on gas. Only reason I went back other day.I even found a bug in the game. I jumped into the river behind parts store to go to corn field. I looted and then went back across the river. I had the under water sounds throughout the game after being out of the water. I had to dashboard the game. It got annoying. Also I wanted to hear zombies clear as day. Not under water sounds. Loot box in a tree a common thing?

http://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/2a8d824d-27ae-43ad-a899-b21fbbc0c976

Well, to my knowledge based off my own experiences, forges don't attract screamers anymore on consoles. You can leave as many of those on as you want and be perfectly safe and sound! - It seems only campfires will lure screamers into your base areas now. At least that's the case for me, anyways. *shrugs*

I rarely use the campfire, if I do it’s for a couple minutes at a time. 4 forges running constantly provides me with screamers daily.

Forges are typically the only thing running in my base at any given time.

I rarely use the campfire, if I do it’s for a couple minutes at a time. 4 forges running constantly provides me with screamers daily.

Forges are typically the only thing running in my base at any given time.

Well forges don't attract screamers for me at all, anymore.

I have 6 forges in my base right now, one for iron and steel, one for brass, one for lead, two for cement, and one more for building items like iron bars and such. I can leave them all on at the same time for hours just smelting away resources and nothing will show up, not even one measly screamer.

However, campfires are the only thing that seems to work for me now. If I leave more than one campfire turned on, it'll attract one screamer within about 10 minutes of real time. I've done it many times to farm easy loot and exp.

Easypeasy,,, forges work really well on consoles. Had 12 running last week and had 42 screamers. I don't use campfires. Bit of a waste. At least with forges I can smelt.

Really? 42 screamers? Did you count them or something? I'd like to see a video of that. ;)

When I first bought this game the slider was way to dark.

Yes the default settings when it comes to gamma is a little too dark, I agree. I was just joking with you earlier. Tis' all. :p

Side Note:

I turned my gamma all the way down and then notched it up 25 times which seems to be the sweet spot for my TV display, not too overly dark and not too bright and washed out. But everyone has different TV's and preferences, so just do what you feel is best.

Yes the default settings when it comes to gamma is a little too dark, I agree. I was just joking with you earlier. Tis' all. :p

Side Note:

I turned my gamma all the way down and then notched it up 25 times which seems to be the sweet spot for my TV display, not too overly dark and not too bright and washed out. But everyone has different TV's and preferences, so just do what you feel is best.

That’s crazy about your forge situation, seems like a bug none the less. I like the gamma being down as well. The game looks completely different tbh. I really wish the gamma didn’t affect the lights you can craft. On low gamma settings those lights are almost useless, I haven’t tried a spotlight though.

That’s crazy about your forge situation, seems like a bug none the less.

I know, bud. I have no idea what's going on with it, and it's been like this now for quite a while as well. I just assumed IronGalxy botched it because this was never a problem for me in previous versions!

I like the gamma being down as well. The game looks completely different tbh. I really wish the gamma didn’t affect the lights you can craft. On low gamma settings those lights are almost useless, I haven’t tried a spotlight though.

Yeah I agree.

Lights look fine for me, though. The only issue I have with the lighting in general is that I kinda wished the shadows casting from trees, rocks, buildings, etc, were a little brighter and more sun-diffused similar to Fallout 4 whilst maintaining a pitch black look during nightfall. That would be perfect along with some additional tweaks and adjustments for the flashlights and mining helmets, too.

But, I'd imagine the developers intended to make it look dark to try and convey a "horror" atmosphere. I just feel that isn't necessary in a zombie game though, especially an open world one. But hey, each to their own, I guess.

Easypeasy, I don't have video of it but I do have a pic, but it's through a sniper scope. Yes, as I killed each one I counted them. If you're on the PS4 send me a Friend request and the next time I have alot I'll send you a video , picture or invite to game or a share play thing. PSN IDs are mr8liner and phatbasturd647

Archived