PS4 No additional points to %level from reading additional hunting knife schematics.

Mrdaferg

Playing on P4. Console and game updated to latest patch. Single player. Random maps. During all hours of the day. Using all characters. I looked at previous bug reports and did not see a similar report. Had a friend duplicate it on his PS4 with the same result.

The first hunting knife schematic I read gives me the ability to craft the hunting knife. If I read another hunting knife schematic it does not give me an additional bonus to my weapon smithing skill. If my weapon smithing skill is 50 it should go to 51 after I read an additional schematic. It makes the sound it normally does but does not add to my weapon smithing skill. It worked prior to the last patch. It works fine for the sledge hammer, crossbow, and spiked club schematics which also increases the weapon smithing skill.

It isn't a game breaker but just something I noticed and thought I'd take the time to report it.

Hi Mrdaferg,

Thank you for reporting this. I shall look into this and pass it onto the team. As you mention it occurs on random maps - plural - have you tried this on multiple setups or do you always use the same settings? If you use the same each time, please let me know what they are using the guide Mutilator linked above in case they are a factor.

Thank you too wildangel55 for confirming the issue can also occur on XB1.

Clare

I use several different settings on XBox and different map seeds, as my last 14 games have also ended before day 50 with the MD5 error. None seem to make a difference on the Hunting Knife schematic. No matter the settings, now upgrade for reading it after the first one. Just the sound.

I use several different settings on XBox and different map seeds, as my last 14 games have also ended before day 50 with the MD5 error. None seem to make a difference on the Hunting Knife schematic. No matter the settings, now upgrade for reading it after the first one. Just the sound.

Thanks for confirming that information for me, I shall forward it to the team.

I apologize for not checking back on this sooner. I can echo what wildangle55 stated about different settings on different random maps. Sorry if I didn't follow all of the 'Read BEFORE Posting' to replicate the bug. I thought I had it all covered and provided a lot more than most provide. I will reread the link provided and attempt to figure out what I could have missed. Its kinda strange people who provide far less info do not get the 'Read BEFORE' link posted in a reply like this one did. Like I said it isn't a gripe or complaint just something I noticed and thought I'd float it out there. I think I'll leave reporting bugs to others.

Hi all,

From discussing with the team, the hunting knife is learned from what's considered a book, rather than schematics, so it isn't set to increase skill points every time it's read. This is working as intended.

If you like I can put a suggestion to the team to change the description to make this clearer for players?

Clare

Archived