knowing when something is wrong

B0LTS

Going through the sdx tutorial. Following all the steps as written.

First thing I made note of was that the first time it said to press build, with no mods yet installed, my output didn't look exactly the same.

Continued anyway.

Just got to building with the test block, start game. Get error about no world folder existing. Can't load game.

my vanilla tests fine

my clean install game tests fine

what's my next step? do i scrap everything? redownload everything and start over? I have literally no experience with knowing how far down the rabbit hole goes.

Going through the sdx tutorial. Following all the steps as written.

First thing I made note of was that the first time it said to press build, with no mods yet installed, my output didn't look exactly the same.

Continued anyway.

Just got to building with the test block, start game. Get error about no world folder existing. Can't load game.

my vanilla tests fine

my clean install game tests fine

what's my next step? do i scrap everything? redownload everything and start over? I have literally no experience with knowing how far down the rabbit hole goes.

Let's go back to your original error, and that you didn't see what you expected to see. Did you get an error report or message?

Couldn't say. I didn't think about the log output not looking identicle as a problem until I had been through a couple of steps. Since the vanilla and clean copies all worked, I assumed I maybe just did something in the wrong order. I reloaded the clean and tried again. Everything looked perfect that time. Worked just like the tutorial said it would.

Couldn't say. I didn't think about the log output not looking identicle as a problem until I had been through a couple of steps. Since the vanilla and clean copies all worked, I assumed I maybe just did something in the wrong order. I reloaded the clean and tried again. Everything looked perfect that time. Worked just like the tutorial said it would.

That's great news. Sorry you had a bit of a rough start, but good luck.

Thanks. And thanks for all the work on mods and tutorial!

Also curious. Is it sphere-ee, or sphere 2, or something else entirely?

I accept both. The name was never really meant to be spoken. The i's are roman numerals for 2, so technically it's Sphere 2, although I easy accept Sphere-ie as well :) Sounds like a term of endearment.

Archived