My noob questions

Valeticus

Hi all, I'm fairly new to this game having just complete the day 42 horde.

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers to. I haven't specifically searched these forums yet, but I also haven't found anything answering my questions on Google :/

1: on my friends world, quite often, I walk out of his house and suddenly there's an explosion and I'm dead without warning. There are no land mines or other explosives and noone is around to shoot a rocket of any kind. It's worth noting his house is one of the houses in diersvil and the entire yard is covered in upgraded log spikes... Could the damage of all of the spikes be multiplying when I clip one? Or is this a mechanic like a random event or something that seems to be targeting me? Or what...

2: what version is the console on? All yt videos I see are on pc and say alpha 16, but all I see on console in the menu is 1.18 and all I see online is ppl asking when alpha 15 is coming

1. Log spikes shouldn't cause an explosion. Either someone is laying mines or throwing dynamite - or you have a bug. Is your friend's game an open multiplayer? If so, you could be getting randoms joining you. If your game is private, then unless your friend is playing tricks on you, there is a bug somewhere and it needs reporting.

2. Current console version is 1.18 so you're on the most up to date version and we already have a lot of Alpha 15 on console. The PC will always be ahead of us as it's being developed over there - we get stuff added as it becomes stable on PC and if the console can handle it. Just keep an eye on the News and Announcements tab as that's were news of the next patch will be posted.

Until the game fully moves out of the Alpha stage, don’t expect to have a consistent version between PC and consoles.

On console we will always have some frankenstiened version of the current PC alpha. As it is right now, Patch 1.18 is a mix of A15, A16, and some other items that haven’t been patch into the PC version.

Archived