Laggy control input

Vicemick

Is it only me who has a few millisecond delay on my control?

It is really noticeable when I am using my right thumb stick to look around, I have been using a very low sensitivity to make the game reasonably playable.

Anybody know of am fix?

Hi Vicemick,

Can you please use the guide provided to give me as much info as possible about the issue - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

What console are you on?

Is your controller the one that came with your console?

Do you experience this issue in other saves?

Do you experience this issue in other games?

Thanks,

Clare

Hey clare

I'm playing on a ps4 pro, everything else plays fine, with no slow control.

Yep it's the original controller and I have tried a different one too.

The slow control happens on every other save in the game.

Only happens in 7dtd :/

Such ashame as like many other people I am looking forward to the coming update but I want to be able to play and experience it how you guys want.

With the bad controls it is almost impossible to use any range weapons without missing 90% of the time.

Hi Vicemick,

I'll have a look into this for you. Is there any way you could check it on another players PS4? either with your controller or theirs, and their saves or yours? That might be able to help us narrow down if it's a local issue or in the code of your saves.

If it happens every other save, does it happen right from the start? Could you tell me if there's a particular pattern you follow when starting each game?

I know a few people who have the game and will ask them if I can use their's to see if it still happens.

I did have a normal ps4 and it happened on that too.

It happens as soon as I play, again it is only a few seconds but makes ranged weapons useless.

Hi Vicemick,

Please let me know how you get on, and if possible, ask the friend to try the controls too to see if they can notice the difference between yours game and theirs to get a comparison description if possible.

Some players find ranged weapons can be tricky to get used to because there is not aim assist in the game. While I am not saying this is what's happening in your case, it may be a factor in your lagged input.

Clare

Hi,

I've also been experiencing this issue with the same set up, pro, original controller and such. This was also an issue on the Base model ps4.

Seems to be between button press and reaction there is a noticeable delay. I do manage to play through this but makes aiming and such frustrating.

Hi Donni3,

Same Qs as above...

Is it possible to test this on another persons PS4 to see if it's only you effected or if you notice it on systems?

Are you using the Controller that came with the system or a new / unbranded one?

Do you experience this issue in other saves?

Do you experience this issue in other games?

Clare

Hi,

Have played the game on a friend's system with the same result. Also on a previous system of mine before an upgrade.

Controllers have all been original or official controllers.

Happens on all saves and hasn't happened with any other game.

Thanks

Hi Reddix,

The lag you are experiencing is possibly due to the size of the building and possibly the type of blocks used. Do you have a lot of spikes, torches, candles or trees within that area?

Clare

---------

Donni3 & Vicemick,

Any chance of some footage showing the lag?

In your games do you guys have a lot of trees, candles, torches etc after initial setup?

Clare

• 1 year later...
Hi Vicemick,

I'll have a look into this for you. Is there any way you could check it on another players PS4? either with your controller or theirs, and their saves or yours? That might be able to help us narrow down if it's a local issue or in the code of your saves.

If it happens every other save, does it happen right from the start? Could you tell me if there's a particular pattern you follow when starting each game?

I have the same exact problem but the delay is about a half a second and i’m on ps4 slim with the original controller and every save has the same problem and this only appears in 7dtd. This is a big issue to me and as Vicemick said it’s vary hard to use ranged weapons and even melee weapons with my kind of delay. Please do something i’ve read multiple peoples messages about this and i think i saw you in at least one them. I have also asked my friends who play on ps4 and they have the same issue with this game.

I have the same exact problem but the delay is about a half a second and i’m on ps4 slim with the original controller and every save has the same problem and this only appears in 7dtd. This is a big issue to me and as Vicemick said it’s vary hard to use ranged weapons and even melee weapons with my kind of delay. Please do something i’ve read multiple peoples messages about this and i think i saw you in at least one them. I don’t mean you haven’t done anything becose i can see you have. I have also asked my friends who play on ps4 and they have the same issue with this game. Also the delay stays the same no matter where i go or what i do or what the surroundings are. I’m trying to get used to it becose i really badly want to play the game properly but it doesn’t seem to work. Also a quick question about does the team have any plans of bringing the painting feature to the consoles becose i like to build and its hard to find all the right blocks with right colours in the menu and i can’t have many colors for concrete. I don’t know how i like this game so much i mean the graphics aren’t too good (no offence) and the controls are getting me killed but simething makes this game so enjoyable even in creative mode without zombies becose it’s just so fun. Thanks for reading.

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote that two times becose i don’t know how to use this damn site XD

• 2 weeks later...
This game is dead on console

Sadly

- - - Updated - - -

This is a very old post, and considering the current state of the game it isn't likely you'll get much of a response. That being said, I have found that by playing with graphics resolution and controller sensitivity I can get something close to decent response times.

Ok thanks i’ll try that

Archived