Private Match Game Save Corruption

Jerm

So me and a few of my buddies play on Xbox 1, and we love the game. I have hosted a private match for us, and we can play smoothly without crashes, however after we quit the game (They leave first then I fully exit the game) their game saves corrupt in some way because the next time we get on to play, they are level one and spawn somewhere completely different.

This is extremely frustrating because we can get up to day 50 or so and then suddenly their save isn't there. I will also point out that my save never corrupts, only theirs, so my character keeps his level while they go back to level one.

Our settings are Survival MP on NAVEZGANE, default difficulty, friendly fire off, zombies on never run.

My character I play as is Glenn from the Walking Dead DLC, I know sometimes that can cause a glitch, but I was curious as to how to fix this problem.

Thank you!

Hi Jerm,

This is a known issue the team released a fix for, but as it only worked for some users, they are continuing to work on a complete fix for those who still experience it. You can read more about this here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57136-Known-Issue-Player-Reset-Wipe-and-Bugged-Inventory

If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer as best I can. For future reference, you can use the guide when submitting reports - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

Thanks,

Clare

Thank you!

Thank you Clare for the answer! We appreciate how involved you guys are in helping us out! My game is currently downloading the new update for XBox 1(1.12), I looked in the patch notes to see if my issue was included but didn't see anything. Do you know if this latest update will help any? Thanks again Clare! You do an awesome job keeping up with all these posts!

Hi Jerm,

While it may not be in the notes, please do let me know if this patch helps. I will have to check if there's any unmentioned fixes in the patch for this. But please be aware that the fixes for this do not fix the save this happened to. When this bug occurs it is saved into the game and there is no fix to remove it, so it could happen again. The only way a player could continue without this bug would be if they used another profile which never experienced the bug. You should still be able to continue to connect in other games without any issues, its just this save that might continue to have problems.

Clare

Thank you again! We started a new game and I am letting one of my other friends host the game in hopes that it might help. We will play it for a couple of days and I will definitely let you know if it happens again. Thanks again for the quick responses, I'm super impressed with the customer service! Have a great day, hope to not have to speak again soon! :D

Hi Clare.

So we started that new map and got 16 Days in and canceled my save... My buddy had the exact same settings as I had mine on from earlier. It seems that after we don't play the game for an extended amount of time it does this. Because we played about two days in a row then stopped for about 3 days and my save currupted. I understand it's an issue not resolved for some, but it's still pretty frustrating that it happened again. Do I need to reinstall the game again?

Thanks Clare!

Hi Jerm,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still persisting for you. Out of curiousity, how are you each connected to the internet? Would it be possible to switch to a wired connection if you have not already done so? This might help maintain the transfer of data when connecting. When you were connecting again after an extended period of time, how long did it take you to connect? and had your friend played without you for a bit in this time period?

If it consistently happens during that game, and it takes a little longer each time, this could be a clue for the team as to why the fix only worked for some. I wouldn't think reinstalling is needed, but this save may now be bugged.

Clare

He uses a wired connection and I use a wireless one. Unfortunately I can't wire in my Xbox so I won't be able to try that. My friend didn't play it all all without me, and it took the normal amount of time to connect into the game.

More than likely we won't start another game until the devs are able to patch this issue for good. Again we love the game, but not knowing when a save will currupt kinda puts a negative side to it. So we will just be patient and wait! But if there are any other details I can give that will help please just let me know! Thanks again Clare!

Hi Jerm,

Thank you for the extra info. I know this bug is a pain and we hope to have it sorted asap but I understand the reluctance to play. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on the issue, and hopefully it wont be too long before you can play again without any concerns.

Clare

• 2 months later...

Hello Clare!

I've seen that the game has had a couple of updates since I last played. Me and my friends are going to try again. I uninstalled the game and am currently reinstalling it.

Do you know if the issue we were facing has been further updated?

Hello Clare!

I've seen that the game has had a couple of updates since I last played. Me and my friends are going to try again. I uninstalled the game and am currently reinstalling it.

Do you know if the issue we were facing has been further updated?

Hi Jerm, there was no mention of it in the patch notes. As far as I know the team are still trying to secure a save that contains the error for testing and replicating it ourselves is very difficult. Unfortunately we can only get the Saves from PS4 players.

Okay gotcha. I understand the complications. We are only playing a few days in and then not playing for a week or so to test it! I'll let you know what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay gotcha. I understand the complications. We are only playing a few days in and then not playing for a week or so to test it! I'll let you know what happens.

• 3 months later...

Hello again. Me and my buddy tried to again to play this game, and again after a few days of playing, when we tried to get back on the game he had no save of his character.

I understand there are a lot of issues and complications. But for a game that is fully released the fact that my friends save files continue to corrupt is not good. Have there been any advances in this fix? My friend says that he hasn't been able to select a new character when he starts a new game since the very first time he played it. That's after two uninstalls and reinstallation. Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi Jerm,

The team are still working on the fix for the issue, some players were kind enough to send us on copies of their saves so we can attempt to replicate it as this issue is very difficult to trigger and we can also use their files to test any potential fixes. I unfortunately do not have more info then that, but I will ask the team and see if I can get an update.

Are you still playing the same save when this occurs? This bug can sometimes save into the save file itself and occur more than once.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by selecting a new character? Characters are cosmetic and can be changed in the options, but does your friend not see the option to choose appearance when starting a new save on their console at all?

Clare

We always start a new save file. We will delete the old file that currupted then will start a new one.

He says that when he goes to join a multiplayer private game, it doesn't give him the option to choose his character. I know at some point some characters were glitched so I didn't know if that was unusual.

Characters shouldn't be glitched anymore. Can you remind me what character he is stuck as?

Is he able to chose a character in his own hosted or single player games? It's odd the game is not reading his player ID and giving him that option. If possible could you ask your friend to create and join your game using another profile and see if the game behaves the same way - resetting when joining?

This is the only friend this happens to correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Clare,

We tried to get him to use a different account and after a week it still lost all his progress. We played every other day, and everything was fine, his save was there. But as soon as we didn't play for like 3 days in a row it lost all his save as that different account. The new account let him pick his character and he plays as Miguel.

No this same issue has happened to another friend, he just doesn't play anymore. We have tried each person hosting a new game and it still does the same thing whenever we don't play for a couple of days in a row.

Thank you!

Hi Jerm,

Thanks for the update in regards to your issue. There was no mention of this issue being fixed in the patch notes. Unfortunately due to the time needed to fix each save corruption trigger I cannot give an estimated time for a complete fix. Can you confirm this issue is still persisting in your game even after the latest patch?

Cheers,

Ro

Thanks for the response Ro, I have some friends in the gaming business so I understand these things are complicated fixes. I love the game and will stick with it till it can be fixed.

I'll have me and my buddy get on and test it. It usually deletes his save after about 3 days of not playing, so I'll let you know what we find out.

Thanks for the response Ro, I have some friends in the gaming business so I understand these things are complicated fixes. I love the game and will stick with it till it can be fixed.

I'll have me and my buddy get on and test it. It usually deletes his save after about 3 days of not playing, so I'll let you know what we find out.

Thanks Jerm,

Please inform me of the outcome of your testing. For not wanting to sound like a broken record and reiterating what you probably already know, but clearing the cache after every playthrough may help decrease the amount of save wipes you experience.

Ro

Archived