AbiliMOD

TheDay755Hero

Guys, I found something interesting

I was today working on a personal project in unity and I wanted to confirm what n1z1 said (already confirmed in 7DTD) I found that the Vector3's are Floats which gives lag after 10000.10324f from the 0,0,0 point but when I made a custom DLL that handles Vector3's as double values it seemed not to give lag except after 10000000.86351f from the 0,0,0 point

that's because doubles are High precision (15 digits max length) values unlike floats which are fast but low precision (7 digits)

that's why it gives lag after 10,000f

check this post out : https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_data_types.htm

What do you mean with "lag"? As far as I know, the issue with far-away-regions is the shaky hands and flickering shadows, like here:

Did you solve that problem? If so, the solution has to be relayed to the devs asap, that would be just awesome.

-> I'll make the icon package... within a couple of days, you're not in a hurry I guess and I'm currently polishing up my "my mod", so I'll give some of the icons an overhaul as well.

What do you mean with "lag"? As far as I know, the issue with far-away-regions is the shaky hands and flickering shadows, like here:

Did you solve that problem? If so, the solution has to be relayed to the devs asap, that would be just awesome.

-> I'll make the icon package... within a couple of days, you're not in a hurry I guess and I'm currently polishing up my "my mod", so I'll give some of the icons an overhaul as well.

yeah by "lag" I mean flickering shadows and light bleeding errors

and another yeah I found a solution but not sure if it works with 7dtd blocks and entities placement so, I need little bit more time to test with 7dtd since currently, i have successfully implemented into my Unity but I can't ask the developers to send me the whole 7DTD project to rebuild it for them (that would be stupid and awful and sup) so, if I found anything important I will sure to send it to the developers to help improve the best survival game out there okay

and I am not in hurry take your time just send the icons to me anytime at [email protected]

• 1 year later...

Archived