[PS4] Shotgun damage does not increase w/ skill & perk.

1Actual

Hello,

I have tested this on multiple different saves.

When I put points into both the shotgun skill and perk both kinds of shotgun, Sawed-off and Long barrel shotgun receive 0 damage increase on both entity damage and block damage.

On my current game world i have a 600 quality long barrel shotgun with 72.00 entity damage and 108.00 block damage with the following points 7/100 and 0/5

I got those up to 20/100 and 2/5 and my damage is still 72.00 entity damage and 108.00 block damage.

Please fix this, at the moment shotguns are useless against special zombies like spider, cop and ferals even bears because it takes way to many shots even normal zombies can frequently take 2 sometimes 3 headshots to kill which is silly and also those points used are currently wasted due to no affect.

I also tested to see if this is visual only bug at least for block damage and it's not. I do 104 damage per shot on a reinforced concrete block before and after putting points into the shotgun skill and perk.

I have also used the Magnum, SMG, Hunting rifle and Sniper and I've had no issues with these weapons, I get increased damage when I put points into the respective skill and perk.

This issue may also affect Xbox One.

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I shall log this for the teams to look into. What kind of game are you playing? Creative / single player, etc ?

In future, please use the format in the guide https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting when reporting issues, in case there is a factor in the settings that may effect the bug.

Clare

I noticed this as well. I have mine almost maxed and still takes the same amount of shots to down them. Seems like at this point it would be one shot kills

Yes I'd think on at least the normal difficulty with a shotgun that has almost maxed skill & perk you should 1 shot normal Zombies every time regardless of where you shot them and all special Zombies with the exception of ferals should die in around 2-3 headshots.

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I shall log this for the teams to look into. What kind of game are you playing? Creative / single player, etc ?

In future, please use the format in the guide https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting when reporting issues, in case there is a factor in the settings that may effect the bug.

Clare

Thank you Clare for responding and acknowledging this bug. My mistake for not formatting the post correctly.

My current game is a Private Multiplayer World on v1.03

I experienced this bug previously on the same setup as above but on v1.02

I also tested and had this bug on a Creative World i was using for practising base building.

I hope this issue can get fixed in time for the next patch.

Hi 1Actual,

I have logged this report for the teams, not sure if it'll make it into the next patch but we tested it here and found the exact same issue on both PS4 and XBOX. It is into the system now so it'll be fixed asap.

Clare

Hi 1Actual,

I have logged this report for the teams, not sure if it'll make it into the next patch but we tested it here and found the exact same issue on both PS4 and XBOX. It is into the system now so it'll be fixed asap.

Clare

Thank you Clare.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Still bugged

Sorry about that 1Actual, I shall see if I can get an update on the issue.

Clare

Has this issue not been resolved?

Mining is having the same issue, getting the same amount of resources at leves 1 and 100 even with the perk miner 69er maxed. Doesnt matter what tool is used either level 600 steel pick axe gets the same amount of stone and iron as a level 200 iron pick axe.. please fix.

Has this issue not been resolved?

Mining is having the same issue, getting the same amount of resources at leves 1 and 100 even with the perk miner 69er maxed. Doesnt matter what tool is used either level 600 steel pick axe gets the same amount of stone and iron as a level 200 iron pick axe.. please fix.

Actually, the amount of resources you get from a block is fixed and doesn't increase with the quality of tool. What does increase is the damage per strike(resource gathered per strike) So a 400 point boulder may take a couple hundred strikes with your fists to totally destroy but you'll still get the same amount of stone as they guy that one hits it with his lvl600 steel pick axe. The difference is he can crush about a hundred times as many boulders as you can in the same amount of time. Same applies to dirt, clay, iron, coal, nitrate, wood, etc.

Also of note, this post is over a year old, and reviving it is considered "Necroposting" I think. It is often times better to start a new post if you have questions and the only post about your subject is this old as it is more likely to get a response.

Hi Angiexoxo,

Please note the original post is for shotgun damage, not tools.

The info Sandman provided above is accurate. But if you feel there is an issue, please post a new thread with said issue as necroposting is against forum rules and can can lead to infractions from mods. Posting a new thread and linking back to any post you feel is relevant is the preferred method.

Closing this post to prevent further posting and confusion.

Clare

Archived