PS4 Crash CE-34878-0 / Blue Screen during the game ...

Stahlbeisser71

Setup:

PS4 500 MB

7D2D Disc-Version Patch: 1.2

Char: Hank

Game-Type: Singleplayer , random world , Survival-Mode , Nomad-Grade , Zombie-Spawn 75%, 18h - daytime, Zombies run: never , current gametime: Day 46, 4:15 pm , last 3 crashes happend in wood- and burned biome.

Since upgrading on Ver.1.2 , the game crashes without any announcement (sudden BlueScreen with the "CE-34878-0"-error) in various time intervals . Sometimes I`m able to play 3 hours (realtime) without the bug occurs , later the crash happens three times in 20 minutes (!) .

The first 3-4 times the error occured while I`m driving with my pocket-bike, but the last few days it also showed up while I´m in my base, by the forge, in the inventory, ...

After the bluescreen I can start the game and load the latest savefile , but if I was traveling by pocketbike before the error, the bike after respawn is not there.

But - (except for the bugs) otherwise : 10000000000000000 Thanks for this awesome, outstanding game !!!!!!!!!!!!:orange:

Mini bike bug is known. I get sudden crashes as well but haven't had any (knock on wood) on my solo world. What's the name if of the world and any thing in particular (besides bike) that causes it? I'm on PS4 and can try and see if the crashes can be recreated.

Hopefully you sent the crash report

yep, I sent the crash-report with movie of the crash each time this bug occured - but imho the game / patch 1.2 causes the crash. So I don`t think , Sony will be able to do anything !? It would probably be more helpful if you could send the movies at Iron Galaxy / The Fun Pimps ...

Thank you Stahlbeisser71 for your report, and thank you for submitting the reports through Sony as well - These actually do make their way to the teams for review.

As Loki said the Minibike issue is a known one that the team are working on issuing a fix for. The new patch aims to improve stability so it should help with some of the other crashes you are having.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game despite the bugs, hopefully we can get rid of the issues and have you enjoying it even more!

Clare

I'm wondering if any of you have had the problem where your world crashes then I lose the mini Bike when u start back up? Or if the mini Bike just vanished out of no where? I've lost about 15 mini bikes in my world so far so to this bug or bugs and all the stuff I had in the basket as well just wondering if there's a fix for this that anyone knows about?

I'm wondering if any of you have had the problem where your world crashes then I lose the mini Bike when u start back up? Or if the mini Bike just vanished out of no where? I've lost about 15 mini bikes in my world so far so to this bug or bugs and all the stuff I had in the basket as well just wondering if there's a fix for this that anyone knows about?

In some cases, that was my problem too . After crash and restarting the game, I spawned on the place where I was before, but the mini bike (with basket and items in it) wasn`t there :confused-new:

Thank you Stahlbeisser71 for your report, and thank you for submitting the reports through Sony as well - These actually do make their way to the teams for review.

As Loki said the Minibike issue is a known one that the team are working on issuing a fix for. The new patch aims to improve stability so it should help with some of the other crashes you are having.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game despite the bugs, hopefully we can get rid of the issues and have you enjoying it even more!

Clare

+Clare : I own both systems (PS4 and XBO) and bought 7D2D also in both versions.

So I have the direct comparison . An interesting fact you might need to know is, that the "performance" of the two console-versions are quite different - and also the issues are.

1. The frame rate on XBO is a lot better than on PS4 (less lags/pic stutters)
  2. On XBO I have obviously a savegame bug : After a few days (with several log-ins & log-outs) I´m suddenly unable to load my latest savegame : the screen with the message "environment is created" appears and the soundfile of "falling rain " can be heard, but then happens nothing .This error I had on the PS4 never (knock on wood)
  3. On the PS4 I had, however, the thread-above errors of "bluescreen/ CE-34878-0/ mini bike loss"
  4. It also seems as if the PS4 after several hours in the game getting unusually warm. The fan than rotates extremely high .... This fact I only aware when playing 7D2D (other games I often playing many hours without ever hearing the cooler-fan . In contrast, the heat development of a "half-night-session" 7D2D the XBOX seem to mind.

greetings from bavaria,

Stahlbeisser71:hat::kev:

+Clare : I own both systems (PS4 and XBO) and bought 7D2D also in both versions.

So I have the direct comparison . An interesting fact you might need to know is, that the "performance" of the two console-versions are quite different - and also the issues are.

1. The frame rate on XBO is a lot better than on PS4 (less lags/pic stutters)
  2. On XBO I have obviously a savegame bug : After a few days (with several log-ins & log-outs) I´m suddenly unable to load my latest savegame : the screen with the message "environment is created" appears and the soundfile of "falling rain " can be heard, but then happens nothing .This error I had on the PS4 never (knock on wood)
  3. On the PS4 I had, however, the thread-above errors of "bluescreen/ CE-34878-0/ mini bike loss"
  4. It also seems as if the PS4 after several hours in the game getting unusually warm. The fan than rotates extremely high .... This fact I only aware when playing 7D2D (other games I often playing many hours without ever hearing the cooler-fan . In contrast, the heat development of a "half-night-session" 7D2D the XBOX seem to mind.

greetings from bavaria,

Stahlbeisser71:hat::kev:

Guten Tag, Stehlbeisser aus Bavaria!!

Und vielen dank!

Ich habe nur ein bischen Deutsch, jetzt, Englisch fur mich!

Thank you for those comparisons, I have heard a few people mention the Playstation can heat up quite a bit. Do you notice does it seem to matter what you are doing in the game?

For most issues it can occur on both consoles, but I know originally at least, the Building Environment issue was more common on XBOX so it makes sense you would see it there first. - Hang onto your save, the new patch should be able to fix it. Ce-34878-0 is the standard code from a PS4 to symbolise a crash, this is often pop up on a crash, where the Xbox would just boot you to the dashboard.

Thanks again, if you have any other info, please do not hesitate to update :)

Clare

Guten Tag, Stehlbeisser aus Bavaria!!

Und vielen dank!

Ich habe nur ein bischen Deutsch, jetzt, Englisch fur mich!

Thank you for those comparisons, I have heard a few people mention the Playstation can heat up quite a bit. Do you notice does it seem to matter what you are doing in the game?

For most issues it can occur on both consoles, but I know originally at least, the Building Environment issue was more common on XBOX so it makes sense you would see it there first. - Hang onto your save, the new patch should be able to fix it. Ce-34878-0 is the standard code from a PS4 to symbolise a crash, this is often pop up on a crash, where the Xbox would just boot you to the dashboard.

Thanks again, if you have any other info, please do not hesitate to update :)

Clare

Hi Clare

and thanks for your efforts :encouragement: .

So far, this "heat-up"-problem usually beginns after about 2 to 3 hours of play and most of the time during the crafting of objects, in the forging or inventory management.

Incidentally, yesterday I found a new problem with the XBO-version :mad-new:: If I choose "End Game" in the main menu to log-out, the picture of the wood and the little loading/saving-symbol in the right upper corner appear, but continue not happen . I hope I`m able to load my latest savegame from yesterday ... :numbness:

have a good weekend :star:,

Stahlbeisser71

Thanks again Stahlbeisser,

These issues are in my report log.

Clare

Hi Clare ,

sorry it`s me again ... but I`ve got a "burning" question yet :

Have you any information for us / the console-players, WHEN the next bug-fixing patch for PS4 and XBO is aviable ?

Thx ,

Stahlbeisser71

Hey Stahlbeisser,

I haven't been given a confirmed date yet (I have been asking on the communities behalf), it'll be in the next week or so. Please hang tight, as soon as I get some more details about it I shall let ye know.

I want to update my version of the game too, so I know how frustrating waiting is. :(

Clare

@ op in regards to the CE-34878-0 error

PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 (or CE-36329-3) – what it is

The PS4 error CE-34878-0 is displayed when a game or system application crashes. When the system crashes, all unsaved progress is usually lost. The error tends to happen to PS4 games that are poorly optimized or have bugs and glitches. The error code can also be displayed as CE-36329-3 on some systems.

PS4 error CE-34878-0 fix

The PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 can usually be fixed without having to re-install the PS4 system software. Here’s what you need to do to fix the error:

Restart the system and try again. Make sure the latest game patches and PS4 system software has been installed.

If the error persists, re-install the game (re-download if its a downloadable title), and try again.

If the error still persists, you’ll have to re-install the PS4 system software. Go to Settings, then to Initialization, and choose Initialize PS4. Be sure to back up your data before doing this.

As always with games, pay attention to patches and announcements from the developer, as this might give a hint whether it’s the game that’s at fault, or if something went wrong with your PlayStation 4 console. In the vast majority of cases, re-installing the game will fix this issue.

I know theres alot of iissues witht he console port and im sure the pimps and iron galaxy are workign their asses off and are more frustrated than us at the bugs. ( this was suppoed to be the big unvale to the worlld and get more people involved and its become a pr nightmare for them so be assured no comment is goign unread or unfelt just try to have patience and normally with the pimps that patience will be rewarded with great things.

• 1 year later...

Disconnect and reconnect your network cable

Some gamers said that disconnecting the network cable right before going to your friends list and reconnecting it back one you’re into friends list prevents the console from crashing. Give this workaround a try as it may fix the problem in no time.

https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/ps4-error-ce-36329-3/

​​​​​​​Solution 2. Update the Game or Rebuild Database

Hi ZoeVaughan264OJ,

Please note you re commenting on a post from August 2016. While I appreciate you wishing to help players, please be aware that necroposting (the revival of old posts) is against forum rules.

Closing this thread now to prevent further posting and confusion.

Clare

Archived