Future version wishes

Hawkesdm

Excellent game!!! A friend recommended playing this game and I am addicted.  I do have a couple of  wishes for future updates. Note I play this game on PS5, so some of these maybe available in PC mods already. 

1.  Health meters for zombies

2. Calm the truck down. When in turbo, the truck will spin out of control and fly through the air for up to 10 secs before it lands where it wants to. I have had this happen just clipping an object often.

3. Altimeter/horizon gauges for gyrocopter

4. Speedometer for vehicles and a turbo toggle button

5. Vehicle storage mods (ie saddle bags for bike/minibike) 

6. The ability to use items from inventory while in vehicles. (I can see the items in inventory, just not able use them)

7.  Hunger and thirst meter displayed while in vehicles

8. Vehicle health and gas meter displayed while looking at the vehicle (or in the interaction screen)

9. Fast key for swapping armor from vehicle/drone/crates

10. Put what items the mods can go on (weapons/vehicles/armor) in the item description)

11. The ability to put items in the smelter without having to drag the item from the inventory to the smelting spot

12. Drone sensor for enemies: couple of things for this. Have the sensor range upgradeable and have enemies populate on the compass like in the missions

Thank you again for making such a great game.!!

Dave

There's absolutely no way I'm the first to wish these 2 items:

1) More paint textures. They're missing an entire target audience that enjoy the Minecraft part of the game. Once you build your ultimate base, have your end-game weapons, and an abundant farm, this game becomes Minecraft. We'd like to have the ability to build anything from a Renaissance/Medieval era town, to a Cyberpunk city, to old Japanese Samari styled houses.

2) The passenger of a vehicle should be able to shoot out the window, Grand-Theft-Auto style.

Also, it's weird that local roads have painted lanes, but not the highways connecting the towns. I guess we have to pretend in this universe, Dwight D Eisenhower was never President, and a highway system was never built.

6 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

There's absolutely no way I'm the first to wish these 2 items:

1) More paint textures. They're missing an entire target audience that enjoy the Minecraft part of the game. Once you build your ultimate base, have your end-game weapons, and an abundant farm, this game becomes Minecraft. We'd like to have the ability to build anything from a Renaissance/Medieval era town, to a Cyberpunk city, to old Japanese Samari styled houses.

2) The passenger of a vehicle should be able to shoot out the window, Grand-Theft-Auto style.

Also, it's weird that local roads have painted lanes, but not the highways connecting the towns. I guess we have to pretend in this universe, Dwight D Eisenhower was never President, and a highway system was never built.

Number 1 is a memory constraint according to the devs.  I personally think they can work around that, and I just downloaded a mod that adds a lot more paints, so we will see if that causes me any problems once I try it out.  I have a feeling it is a restriction due to console. 

Number 2 has been requested a lot and the devs have said no a lot.  Maybe they will change their minds someday. 

The lines are simply performance.

19 hours ago, Hawkesdm said:

Excellent game!!! A friend recommended playing this game and I am addicted.  I do have a couple of  wishes for future updates. Note I play this game on PS5, so some of these maybe available in PC mods already. 

1.  Health meters for zombies

2. Calm the truck down. When in turbo, the truck will spin out of control and fly through the air for up to 10 secs before it lands where it wants to. I have had this happen just clipping an object often.

3. Altimeter/horizon gauges for gyrocopter

4. Speedometer for vehicles and a turbo toggle button

5. Vehicle storage mods (ie saddle bags for bike/minibike) 

6. The ability to use items from inventory while in vehicles. (I can see the items in inventory, just not able use them)

7.  Hunger and thirst meter displayed while in vehicles

8. Vehicle health and gas meter displayed while looking at the vehicle (or in the interaction screen)

9. Fast key for swapping armor from vehicle/drone/crates

10. Put what items the mods can go on (weapons/vehicles/armor) in the item description)

11. The ability to put items in the smelter without having to drag the item from the inventory to the smelting spot

12. Drone sensor for enemies: couple of things for this. Have the sensor range upgradeable and have enemies populate on the compass like in the missions

Thank you again for making such a great game.!!

Dave

1 - GodMode has it.

3 - A horizon wouldn't hurt, but an altimeter is unnecessary.

4 - In my opinion, it’s unnecessary; it’s not a race. And there is a button "Shift".

5 - Should appear in the future.

6 - Somehow it's not very clear how this should work. How can you eat and turn the steering wheel at the same time?

7 - In my opinion, it's unnecessary.

11 - The forge has 2 types of slots; fuel can be placed there without dragging. Most likely this is an engine limitation, but we'll see, maybe it will be implemented.

12 - This is "Horror". If you know in advance where the enemies are, then the element of surprise will be lost.

23 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

Also, it's weird that local roads have painted lanes, but not the highways connecting the towns.

That one is simple: All of the roads in cities and towns run N/S or E/W and are flat (except where those roads are prefabricated with a POI). The road markings are actual deco blocks that align perfectly to them. In the wilderness, highways are randomly generated with curves and elevation change. The deco blocks simply can't be used on them.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Suxar said:

1 - GodMode has it.

3 - A horizon wouldn't hurt, but an altimeter is unnecessary.

4 - In my opinion, it’s unnecessary; it’s not a race. And there is a button "Shift".

5 - Should appear in the future.

6 - Somehow it's not very clear how this should work. How can you eat and turn the steering wheel at the same time?

7 - In my opinion, it's unnecessary.

11 - The forge has 2 types of slots; fuel can be placed there without dragging. Most likely this is an engine limitation, but we'll see, maybe it will be implemented.

12 - This is "Horror". If you know in advance where the enemies are, then the element of surprise will be lost.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find God mode on the PS5.  I have watched some streamers and that definitely would be a handy tool. I wonder if I put a mouse and keyboard on the PS5 if I will have more freedom with some of the interactions.

I agree about the altimeter, not necessary. The game does not have any missions or reason to worry about altitude (except when I was falling and breaking my legs lol). I should have said a pitch and roll indicator as the horizon is displayed on the compass.  

I wasn't aware that fuel could be put in the forge, learning something new everyday with this game.  I am glad that this is my first time playing, having to figure out the previous version crafting would have been overwhelming. 

Thank you for the information and input. Very much appreciated.  

Dave

Edited by Hawkesdm (see edit history)

On 10/4/2024 at 7:32 PM, Hawkesdm said:

I should have said a pitch and roll indicator as the horizon is displayed on the compass.  

It looks like a language problem. In Russian, this device is called "artificial horizon" or "aviagorizont".

Авиагоризонты с прямой и обратной индикацией — ВЕСТИ  ДОСААФ/info@vestidosaaf.ru