Absolutely lucky? or impossible?

23 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well then FO76 did it different. TES has the pins you need to arrange and represents actual lockpicking way more then what the mod and FO76 do, wich is really not enjoyable. FO76 has the hair pins and it´s easy, same for 7 days it´s not really hard. But tbh everything is better than just watching a timer going down and hoping for luck, i rather break it with a stone axe than doing that.

What pins?

otkrivaem_zamki_skyrim_01.jpg

9 minutes ago, GigglingZombie said:

If ever i am in a real zombie apocalypse and that's what i see, i'm doing it wrong. And so is the apocalypse

Yeah  the one i posted is too much, i agree with that. But the hairpin style from FO76 and what the mod for 7 days does is fine, not too hard and at least you do something instead of just watching.

On 10/4/2024 at 2:14 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Suxar Well i forgot skyrim changed lockpicking. I was refering to this wich is how it was done before skyrim. Staring at the screen and hoping for luck just sucks for me. It´s boring.

Lockpicking.webp

This is TES IV Oblivion. There was no mini-game in TES III Morrowind. And what appeared in TES V Skyrim was completely copied in Fallout.

As I wrote above, the first 5-10 times to pick at the lock is fun, but then this constant repetition of the same thing starts to irritate. So I am against mini-games.

9 hours ago, Suxar said:

This is TES IV Oblivion. There was no mini-game in TES III Morrowind. And what appeared in TES V Skyrim was completely copied in Fallout.

As I wrote above, the first 5-10 times to pick at the lock is fun, but then this constant repetition of the same thing starts to irritate. So I am against mini-games.

Agreed.  If I had to waste time with lockpicks, I'd just break everything open instead and never use the lockpicks.  It's fine in a game where lockpicking is pretty rare, but not in this game.  Even in Skyrim, I quickly got sick of it.  Yes, I hate that lockpicks break so easily in this game.  I've gone through as many as about 20 for a single lock before.  I would like to have an option to build an auto-lockpick for late game just to avoid the issue entirely.  I definitely wouldn't appreciate having to manually do it.

15 hours ago, Riamus said:

Agreed.  If I had to waste time with lockpicks, I'd just break everything open instead and never use the lockpicks.  It's fine in a game where lockpicking is pretty rare, but not in this game.  Even in Skyrim, I quickly got sick of it.  Yes, I hate that lockpicks break so easily in this game.  I've gone through as many as about 20 for a single lock before.  I would like to have an option to build an auto-lockpick for late game just to avoid the issue entirely.  I definitely wouldn't appreciate having to manually do it.

Here in the late game I have no problems with lockpicks. After pumping the lockpicking skill, the number of lockpicks in my inventory only increases. Although on some locks 10 pieces break.