An Armor set that needs slight Revamping

AidenwithAnAxe

An Ushanka, it could provide Cold resistance or something else. it could allow zombies to give heat upon kill for warmth. (This makes no sense logically however neither does a lot of this games mechanics XD)

Winter Jacket. uh to be honest nothing really special. it is a winter jacket, consequently this would give Cold resistance.  however I am not sure what it could provide in 

Fingerless gloves. Just very cool. not too good for cold resistance.  increases axes attack speed.

I really want axes to be a viable weapon choice.

Edited by AidenwithAnAxe (see edit history)

• AidenwithAnAxe changed the title to An Armor set that needs slight Revamping

Hot and cold resistance stuff will likely come with the weather update.  Currently, each piece of armor offers 20 hot and cold resistance. 

There are people who use axes, so they are at least possible.  I personally don't like them and they are intended as a tool rather than a weapon, but they apparently do work.

10 hours ago, AidenwithAnAxe said:

An Ushanka, it could provide Cold resistance or something else. it could allow zombies to give heat upon kill for warmth. (This makes no sense logically however neither does a lot of this games mechanics XD)

Winter Jacket. uh to be honest nothing really special. it is a winter jacket, consequently this would give Cold resistance.  however I am not sure what it could provide in 

Fingerless gloves. Just very cool. not too good for cold resistance.  increases axes attack speed.

I really want axes to be a viable weapon choice.

I for one agree there should be something to really help not just axes, but CHAINSAWS as well!!!

It’s a classic zombie weapon but does basically nothing in this game. I get that it’s “intended to be a tool” but it should be capable of being weaponized, with the right mods!

8 hours ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

It’s a classic zombie weapon but does basically nothing in this game. I get that it’s “intended to be a tool” but it should be capable of being weaponized, with the right mods!

Not only that. but there is literally a mod that does less damage to Zombies! like what?? they couldn't have just made a mod that makes it do more damage to zombies, but harvest less wood?? 

1 hour ago, AidenwithAnAxe said:

Not only that. but there is literally a mod that does less damage to Zombies! like what?? they couldn't have just made a mod that makes it do more damage to zombies, but harvest less wood?? 

It is rather simple: For balance a weapon that also acts as a tool (especially one to open doors and boxes with) would save you a toolbelt slot and 5 perk points and that's worth A LOT OF wood. 

In one alpha the axe was actually as good as other melee weapons and the result was that everybody used it. Good for the player in the short term, bad for replayability.

22 minutes ago, meganoth said:

It is rather simple: For balance a weapon that also acts as a tool (especially one to open doors and boxes with) would save you a toolbelt slot and 5 perk points and that's worth A LOT OF wood. 

But there is a weapon that can open doors and drawers - a sledgehammer.

6 hours ago, Suxar said:

But there is a weapon that can open doors and drawers - a sledgehammer.

Good point, any melee weapon can more or less open doors, just without getting any resources. You still need an axe to get wood and you would need 2 perks to be good in wood cutting and melee. With an axe good at melee (at least how it is currently improved with perks) you only would have to put points into miner69 and would have an excellent melee weapon AND resource gathering galore.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

9 hours ago, meganoth said:

Good point, any melee weapon can more or less open doors, just without getting any resources. You still need an axe to get wood and you would need 2 perks to be good in wood cutting and melee. With an axe good at melee (at least how it is currently improved with perks) you only would have to put points into miner69 and would have an excellent melee weapon AND resource gathering galore.

Well, the logic is generally clear. Although there is a tool with good DPS - a hammer. Only I don't remember whether skills affect its damage.