HOTBAR/TOOLBELT not remembering where my items should be

kuktar

HOTBAR/TOOLBELT not remembering where my items should be.

not sure how to explain this but all of a sudden when i place down a robotic turret then go to pick it back up it does not go to the toolbelt were it last was.... It has been working fine for days since i started my 1.0 playthrough but all of a sudden today it decides to be tarded. please help! thank you in advance. 

20 hours ago, kuktar said:

HOTBAR/TOOLBELT not remembering where my items should be.

not sure how to explain this but all of a sudden when i place down a robotic turret then go to pick it back up it does not go to the toolbelt were it last was.... It has been working fine for days since i started my 1.0 playthrough but all of a sudden today it decides to be tarded. please help! thank you in advance. 

Did you perhaps at some point gathered a lot of items from a chest and it inserted a different item in that spot?  I have had that happened before when I selected take all and I currently didn't have a specific item in my hotbar slot.

It would be normal if you put anything else there after placing the turret, as BFT2020 said.  It only saves the last item in a toolbelt slot, so once anything else gets placed there, or if you placed a turret in your inventory, it will no longer automatically go to the same spot in the toolbelt and will end up in your inventory unless there isn't space in your inventory.