interaction with interior objects

ziza

I can understand wanting to interact with a sofa or armchair (sitting) or a bed (lying down), but what interaction do you want with a table or refrigerator?  A refrigerator is just a container that you loot.  And what would you even do with a table?  Or do you mean the table that has a lamp on it and you want to turn that on or off?

I would think he would want more decor for your base? Yes, you can craft some of those items. Would be nice to have a construction workbench to craft more place able decor or the ability to pick up a few more things in the game. Why even bother just picking up chairs and potted plants? Or maybe he means the ability to sit in a chair or sofa? That would be nice as well.

Interacting with them sounded like being able to sit or whatever, but maybe it is picking them up like you said.  I think they limit picking most things up because you can just go to a POI and grab things too easily and they want you to craft stuff.  Not sure why chairs are different, though.  I would like the ability to craft all decorations.

On 9/5/2024 at 4:51 AM, ziza said:

add the ability to interact with various types of interior objects, be it a refrigerator, sofa, armchair, bedside table, etc.

P.s. I am writing through a translator

Being asked for the community zillion times. I would love to have a chair/sofa (whatever) to increase healing time, recovery from critical wounds, fatigue, and so on.

The furnitures, and interaction with them could slow down metabolism or need for water and food consumption. 

On 05.09.2024 at 16:13, Riamus said:

Я могу понять желание взаимодействовать с диваном или креслом (сидя) или кроватью (лежа), но какое взаимодействие вы хотите со столом или холодильником? Холодильник — это просто контейнер, который вы грабите. И что вы вообще будете делать со столом? Или вы имеете в виду стол, на котором стоит лампа, и вы хотите ее включить или выключить?

Basically it would be nice if you could at least sit on sofas and armchairs. Regarding the refrigerator, yes, I was a little clever, you can leave it as a container. And about the table, well, for example, put something small on it, like a lamp for example

7 hours ago, TWORDY said:

Меня просили о сообществе миллион раз. Я бы хотел иметь кресло/диван (что угодно), чтобы увеличить время заживления, восстановления после критических ран, усталости и т. д.

Мебель и взаимодействие с ней могут замедлить обмен веществ или потребность в воде и потреблении пищи. 

Wow, I didn't even think about that, but it would be very cool. Let’s add a “comfort level” that reduces the need for food and water, and also accelerates wound healing

11 hours ago, aceguy7 said:

Я думаю, он хотел бы больше декора для вашей базы? Да, вы можете изготовить некоторые из этих предметов. Было бы неплохо иметь строительный верстак, чтобы изготовить больше декора, который можно разместить, или возможность подобрать еще несколько вещей в игре. Зачем вообще заморачиваться, подбирая стулья и растения в горшках? Или, может быть, он имеет в виду возможность сидеть на стуле или диване? Это тоже было бы неплохо.

yes, I wish I could at least sit on sofas and chairs

4 minutes ago, ziza said:

Basically it would be nice if you could at least sit on sofas and armchairs. Regarding the refrigerator, yes, I was a little clever, you can leave it as a container. And about the table, well, for example, put something small on it, like a lamp for example

Okay, that makes sense.  I think the problem with the small tables is that they aren't a full block high, so you probably aren't going to be able to place anything on them.  If you have a table that is 1 block high, you can place something that is crafted on top of it without a problem.  Now, there are ways to place things on a short table when designing POI, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to make that work in the game.  Easier to just make tables that already have lamps on them.  Just need a way to power them, which some mods have made possible, but isn't an option in vanilla.

07.09.2024 в 12:18, Riamus сказал:

Ладно, это имеет смысл. Я думаю, проблема с маленькими столами в том, что они не достигают высоты целого блока, поэтому вы, вероятно, не сможете ничего на них связать. Если у вас есть стол высотой в 1 блоке, вы можете без проблем ссылаться на него что-то, что было создано. Теперь есть способы связать вещи на коротком столе при проектировании POI, но я не уверен, что это легко будет сделать в игре. Проще просто сделать столы, на которых уже есть лампы. Просто нужен способ их питания, что стало возможным благодаря некоторым модам, но в ванили это невозможно.

in principle, I understand you, and in truth, it is a pity that this system is not implemented now

Edited by ziza
Changed my mind (see edit history)