MOD. ELITE zombie (Server site)

BlackRabbitMsk

Greetings to all!
A little background. I was always confused by the fact that in the later stages of the game (100+ levels) it becomes too easy and boring to kill current zombies. In my opinion, the addition of the next most difficult level for zombies has long been suggested. And here it is!

The mod is part of the Project Z mod set. You can find information about the set on the website, and a detailed description in my discord.

What's added:

27 new elite zombies added. 

For all, the chance of limbs being torn off is reduced, and damage resistance is increased. They are visually distinguished by different sizes and a radioactive glow on their hands. Works in combination with the radiation mod
According to their characteristics, they are divided into 3 main types:
Light - they do not hit hard, but are very fast. 3000-5000 health points. Passively impose the effect of active radiation in the AoE.

Medium - a stronger blow, but they also move slower. 5000-6000 health points. Passively impose the effect of active radiation in the AoE. When hitting, they add the effect of radiation for 3 sec. and add the radiation indicator by 2.5%
Strong - They look like giants (but can easily crawl through a regular door). The blow is already noticeable (especially on blocks), but they run slowly. 7000-9000 health points. When hitting, they add the effect of radiation for 3 sec. and add the radiation indicator by 5%

I tried to fit them into the mechanics of increasing the zombie tier as the character develops as smoothly as possible. I added them to all the main spawn groups, and now the player, starting from 150 of game stage, will start encountering them as part of their activities. I worked on dynamic addition (not replacing old zombie sets, but a complete rebalance) up to 2000 of game stage. I'm too lazy to do more, and I don't really see the point.

In my opinion, it turned out just great. Now killing zombies will not be a boring activity until the very late stage of the game.

If you like my mod - Like it. It’s not difficult for you, but I understand that this mechanics can be developed and refined.

Have an interesting game everyone!

The link can be here

20240723185544_1.jpg

Edited by BlackRabbitMsk (see edit history)

Hey man. Just downloaded and tried your mod. AWESOME JOB! Finally the game is a bit hard in the endgame!

Just one question though. I noticed that when I approach one of your elitezombies my entire screen turns a bit green. Not much, but it serves as a warning that something bad is about to happen. Any way to turn that off?

Keep up the great work!

28 minutes ago, Xormar said:

Hey man. Just downloaded and tried your mod. AWESOME JOB! Finally the game is a bit hard in the endgame!

Just one question though. I noticed that when I approach one of your elitezombies my entire screen turns a bit green. Not much, but it serves as a warning that something bad is about to happen. Any way to turn that off?

Keep up the great work!

I would agree. 

1 hour ago, BlackRabbitMsk said:

Screen modification is worked out in this buff - BuffAcRadEliteZombieAOE (you can simply delete it or comment it).
In general, I would recommend installing this mod with vulnerabilities. The game will sparkle with new colors

I would only issue is I'm using a MOD that alters perks and yours does too so it could conflict. Looks cool and would be dope to use. 

What's the difference between yours and this one? 

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1129?tab=posts

Can I have both or nah?

2 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

I would only issue is I'm using a MOD that alters perks and yours does too so it could conflict. Looks cool and would be dope to use. 

What's the difference between yours and this one? 

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1129?tab=posts

Can I have both or nah?

I have significantly more varieties, added a connection with the radiation mechanics and a more balanced appearance of them in the game (a pool is prescribed for each event)

35 minutes ago, BlackRabbitMsk said:

I have significantly more varieties, added a connection with the radiation mechanics and a more balanced appearance of them in the game (a pool is prescribed for each event)

cool, so I'll just use yours. 

Wondering if I can use your radiation mod if I'm using a mod that changes perks. Would I want yours to be below or on top of the folder in the mods folder for it to possibly work?

1 hour ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

cool, so I'll just use yours. 

Wondering if I can use your radiation mod if I'm using a mod that changes perks. Would I want yours to be below or on top of the folder in the mods folder for it to possibly work?

For me, all vulnerability mechanics interact only with 1 skill - Good resistance. So I think it should work for you in any case.

9 hours ago, BlackRabbitMsk said:

Screen modification is worked out in this buff - BuffAcRadEliteZombieAOE (you can simply delete it or comment it).

Thanks for the reply. As I know next to nothing about modding, could you please explain a bit more for dummies what I need to do to get rid of the green screen effect when the elite zombies are near me?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Xormar said:

Thanks for the reply. As I know next to nothing about modding, could you please explain a bit more for dummies what I need to do to get rid of the green screen effect when the elite zombies are near me?

You need to open your buff file in any text editor and find the desired buff - BuffAcRadEliteZombieAOE - just delete all nodes <buff> </buff>

Edited by BlackRabbitMsk (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Love the Elite zeds! However, I need to tune them down in Forest Biome - is there any way to? It is our newbie area but I live there too (admin) and with my gamestage/level people are getting drilled by Elites (last Bloodmoon was the suckowith LOL). Just want to lighten' 'em up in the Forest Biome if possible :)

Thanks!

14 hours ago, DeborahR66 said:

Love the Elite zeds! However, I need to tune them down in Forest Biome - is there any way to? It is our newbie area but I live there too (admin) and with my gamestage/level people are getting drilled by Elites (last Bloodmoon was the suckowith LOL). Just want to lighten' 'em up in the Forest Biome if possible :)

Thanks!

Download the latest version. I've reduced the difficulty a bit there.