Tractors, helicopter's, and Tanks

Legionexus

I think we could really use lawnmowers to gather plants with a bagger mod.  We also see big farm tractors, these would be great to utilize in places like the wasteland for gathing Iron or the back ho for mining.  There are landing pads but no helicopters, would be nice to repair a Medivac or Huey, even a small airplane perhaps.  Finally, with all the military bases, it sure would be nice to get ahold of a tank.  There's just so much potential in utilizing more vehicles, like turning a bus into a mobile base for long trips, combine harvesters to mulch up hordes or crops.

A lawn mower and a plant picker are very different. The task of a lawn mower is to cut and shred the grass. And the picker must cut the plant, separate the fruit without damaging it, and sort the grass and fruits. Technically these are very different devices.

A helicopter is also a very complex device. I've heard of hundreds of people who build airplanes or gyroplanes in their garage. But I only heard about the person who assembled the helicopter once. And to create some parts he used very serious machines.

If we were playing for some chief designer of a large industrial company, then we could think about this. But we play as an average survivor. Such complex technical devices look somewhat illogical.

it's a fiction game, how many zombies have you killed/seen in real life?  You state we are an average survivor, then please tell me the chances of an average survivor having the abilities and chances to make/find half of the things in the game as they would in real life.  Do you have an autonomous drone floating around healing you when needed, perhaps have that anti-rad mod on one of your guns or tools maybe you have the handy dandy cripple em mod?  It's not likely the average player would have the ability to craft a lot in the game if zombies behaved as they do if applied to the real world, then finding or repairing a helicopter or tank isn't that far-fetched.  Reality left the room with zombies, werewolf creatures, and probably 1/2 of the other game content.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:51 AM, Legionexus said:

It's not likely the average player would have the ability to craft a lot in the game if zombies behaved as they do if applied to the real world

))) it is clear that in the real world this is impossible. And in a cold binomial, zombies would most likely be beautiful frozen statues.
The drone appeared in the game recently and I treat it like a flying backpack. Yes, and it really stands out somewhat from the overall picture.