Zombies run even when set to walk

Anyone else experienced this?  I confirmed I had every category of zombie set to walk.  Even so, I got stuff running at me.  I'm trying to learn the game.  It would seem something is broken with options.

As mentioned, sometimes zombies get a temporary 'rage' speed buff when damaged. Also, if it's night time, you may see zombies out there with glowing yellow eyes- Those are ferals, I'm pretty sure they will always run (Don't know if there's a setting that affects them, can't say I've ever messed with zombie speed)

You can set ALL types of zombies to walk as far as I can tell.  I think there are 4 you can set to walk/jog/run.  The game kept changing my settings from walk to run for some reason.  I struggle with the game if they do more than walk.  If I go up one notch from Scavenger, it's brutal for me.  I dunno why I'm so bad at it.  I tried to "git gud", but the gud got up and went elsewhere.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:42 PM, Ray Garraty said:

Craft yourselt a bone knife. 2 head attacks with it knock the zombie on the ground letting to finish them easily

Bone knife to the head, even if not sneaking is amazingly effective.  Never would have thought so.