This is supposed to be a horror game.

Deo

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, but it has been moving away from that for a long time.  They are into memes and jokes and stuff a lot more than horror these days.

Memes and jokes get old fast...

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

Trouble being its been moving away from what made it so great to start with for far too long. The ONE thing most people expect to see from zs is a horde and a horde is definitely bigger than 6. Early versions made initial survival much harder and progression slower with rng either loving or hating you. It made the whole experience much more engaging and there was constant threat from zs just from sheer numbers. Fighting stupid green invented tanky things is just a cop out.  Numbers should decide your fate rather than boss/bombing/puking/jumping blah blah blah "special" zs.

Having a balance between available resources, weapons and ammo would be so much better than hunting down books and money to buy from traders just to race to late game. Once you have defences sorted its just a war of attrition against the less than incredible hulks and inevitable boredom. Rather than fighting to survive you end up designing ever more elaborate traps as a way to continue playing.

People play as they want and they used to have a lot more freedom to do this, now its an over complicated mess of points and paths and books, yet still far too easy to be well on your way within a few days with abundant supplies.

A lot still enjoy the game as it is and for those of us that dont earlier versions are still there to play and relive the glory days.

Posted (edited)

I @%$#ing miss the old alpha versions. It used to have atmosphere. Now it feels soulless. I miss the scary zombie models

The new cop is less scary. The night time is a joke. I don't even need light it's too bright. What happened to the amazing ambient sounds. All gone. Why is Trader Bob an obvious black guy now, nothing makes sense these devs are driving me nuts. It was the best survival crafting base defense zombie game ever. No more spider zombies that are actual spider zombies? Because??? The feral white looks like sht. God I hate it all. I'm gonna make my own overhaul mod. Not only did they remove wellness, smell mechanics and log spikes (I guess those things are actual content that is FUN so offcourse they removed it). They literally made the traders sound way worse now. Every update they manage to make it worse. Unbelievable. 

I notice a trend in certain games, like with Doom. Used to be a gothic horror heavy metal influence, then Bethesda turned it into a neon normie slop fest. Same kind of garbage here. No actual creativity. They just decided to make it an rpg. They made the zombie ai such that you cannot even have a cool base, you have to abuse the AI mechanics now, just make the God Damn zombies behaviour random, and make they attack the whole structure, instead of somehow knowing exactly how to get to you. I love this game I'm just being honest and expressing my frustration.

Edited by Deo (see edit history)