Adjust the new Lockable Slots feature / Toggle Locks button

Can you please make the sound when you click on the Toggle locks button a bit more unique to this feature?

Can you please make the flashing color a lot more dramatic/brighter(red maybe?) then it currently is right now?

It is difficult to tell whether the locking feature is on or off based on the sounds made and the flashing button which I can barely see.

Thank you for listening :)

I think their solution for lockable slots as a whole is a little sloppy. While I appreciate them enhancing the feature to allow you to lock any slot, the visual indicator is really hard to see and the way you lock the slots is clunky. Previous to this latest release, I had a mod installed that allowed me to lock slots simply by holding down the alt key and clicking the slot I wanted to lock. It was easy, quick, and the visual indicator was just a red outline on the slot. It was perfect.

I finally tested the new locking mechanism yesterday and I found it was easy to use and worked well.  Even though I only lock the top slots and the old method worked for me, this method isn't difficult at all and works for players who lock other slots.  Click the lock, select the slots, click the lock.  Very easy.  Note that I'm not saying there might not be a better method.

As far as the icons, I see them fine.  Might be my monitor or graphics/UI settings or something.  But I see it fine.  I'm sure it will be easy for a mod to change that icon or even just change the tint color for the icon to make it more visible for those who need or want that.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 7/22/2024 at 1:17 PM, Riamus said:

I finally tested the new locking mechanism yesterday and I found it was easy to use and worked well.  Even though I only lock the top slots and the old method worked for me, this method isn't difficult at all and works for players who lock other slots.  Click the lock, select the slots, click the lock.  Very easy.  Note that I'm not saying there might not be a better method.

As far as the icons, I see them fine.  Might be my monitor or graphics/UI settings or something.  But I see it fine.  I'm sure it will be easy for a mod to change that icon or even just change the tint color for the icon to make it more visible for those who need or want that.

Yeah, I agree it is easy. Also, I've seen a comment elsewhere that this implementation was likely used because it works a lot better for console players, which I can appreciate.