Secondary attack on zombies

Posted (edited)

[I searched for 'Zombie Attack' for a few pages and a few other things before starting this thread, hopefully not beating a dead horse here.]

Keeping my expectations as dreams for this, but I'd really like just a little more variety in melee combat, I doubt the pimps will be adding any content that would add a need for more animations, but [I think] I'd really like to see a secondary attack for the zombies, or perhaps just some of them. My proposal is a 'lunge' based attack, probably having the zombie slow down a moment as the wind-up, then stagger forward in a burst of speed, then fall forwards when attacking with an increased chance of inflicting a stun. The effect hopefully gives the zombie an attack that, minus the wind-up, feels like it has longer range but also would add some more of those 'Haha, clumsy zombie.' moments (I love those), while still being dangerous, and making the melee-range dance just a little more dicey and a bit less predictable.

Maybe there's already something in the works. Or maybe it'll be in a sequel. 

Edited by Mister Forgash (see edit history)

If done well, this could be nice.  Of course, zombies are standing forward to attack after being hit far more in 1.0 and there have already been people complaining about that.  I also am not a fan of this happening so often.  So not sure how much people would want a lunge attack, at least unless it is tied to only one zombie type.  But maybe some other type would be good.

27 minutes ago, Mister Forgash said:

[I searched for 'Zombie Attack' for a few pages and a few other things before starting this thread, hopefully not beating a dead horse here.]

Keeping my expectations as dreams for this, but I'd really like just a little more variety in melee combat, I doubt the pimps will be adding any content that would add a need for more animations, but [I think] I'd really like to see a secondary attack for the zombies, or perhaps just some of them. My proposal is a 'lunge' based attack, probably having the zombie slow down a moment as the wind-up, then stagger forward in a burst of speed, then fall forwards when attacking with an increased chance of inflicting a stun. The effect hopefully gives the zombie an attack that, minus the wind-up, feels like it has longer range but also would add some more of those 'Haha, clumsy zombie.' moments (I love those), while still being dangerous, and making the melee-range dance just a little more dicey and a bit less predictable.

Maybe there's already something in the works. Or maybe it'll be in a sequel. 

Lungs, bites, grapples, charging and falling over. 

And he'll even so something like slashing, climbing animations.  

Imagine if 1 out if every 5 feral zombies could climb walls.... that would be scary. 

Crawlers leaping at you

Cops doing a hose spray of puke. 

Spiders biting and slashing. . 

Ferals being cracked as normal 

But at the same time players need it too. I don't think the game needs to be like dying light but at least something like Skyrim or Morrowind

Attack a few new animations, power attacks with a few animations, combos from hitting a target. Blocking for bandits and lightly for zombies.