(V1.0) Get Off My Face - ADS Crosshair removal

Shino

Just one of my pet peeves. Makes the game feel a little bit better to me. Totally subjective. I'll post some pics later. 

Disclaimer for the future:
This SHOULD in THEORY work for modded weapons and overhauls as long as they named their guns with the " gunTypeTierName " formatting TPF use.

Download from here!

Edited by Shino (see edit history)

doesn't  work for scopes on the hunting rifle don't know about an other weapons with scopes though 

and yes it is working cause it removes it on my pistol 

please fix if you can 

Nvm it just doesn't work for hunting rifle at all

Edited by 213sDemon (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Presqueezed Lemons said:

Hi, downloaded the mod but the sights don't seem to work on the pipe, hunting, and lever action rifle. The iron sights don't align with where I'm actually apparently aiming. Can you fix/help me out?

Thats more of a model issue rather than a modlet issue. Supposedly TFP fixed the misaligned ironsights when they reworked most weapons. 

4 hours ago, 213sDemon said:

doesn't  work for scopes on the hunting rifle don't know about an other weapons with scopes though 

and yes it is working cause it removes it on my pistol 

please fix if you can 

Nvm it just doesn't work for hunting rifle at all

I'll check the code to see why, but I don't see why it shouldn't work with hunting rifles specifically.

(edit)

Checked what you said and this only happens with the x2 x4 and x8 scopes on any weapon, I'll see why xpath isnt handling those and upload a fix later!

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I'm going insane trying to debug why it's only the scopes (which the xpath targets) that have crosshairs. image.png.13d7c79fa3b982acd52a71678f146c36.png

I've made the search AS specific as humanly possible, it still throws the same results as the other ones and it still doesn't remove the crosshair for the x2,4,8 scopes anywhere, not just the hunting rifle. Hell, I'm even using setattribute to ENSURE there's an attribute CrosshairOnAim and its set to false, yet nothing...

And yeah, I've made sure that the xpath search IS targeting what it should.

image.png.c81a67ad2b517de29529678d5e4807ee.png

There are 4 out of 5 values because the Reflex Sight has it commented.

And yeah, the ironsights for the Hunting Rifle and the Repeater are grossly missaligned compared to the rest of the guns... Might just avoid including them into the modifications altogether until I can figure out if I can move ironsights through xml

On 6/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, dujinyuan said:

Oh...man...   I just shot a zombie...And he look at me just like i'm a idiot...yeah..i missed...    What...!? How's that happened??!

Rifles, for some reason, seem to be all misaligned with the crosshair, ESPECIALLY the hunting rifle that has the sight like a whole centimeter below. 
I'm trying to fix it but it's a tedious process since any changes I do make me restart the game that takes roughly 10 minutes to boot back into the world.
Once I can finish aligning things (if I ever discover how) I'll post the updated version again.

But for now, don't use this if you're a sniper type character.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time before I disappear for another week.

I've so far managed to realign EVERYTHING save for the tier 0 pipe rifle with a reflex sight. I don't know why it isn't reflecting any of the changes. Hopefully I'll figure out and release the update next week, or if not, I'll just exclude that from the files until I can figure out why it isn't working.

Be ready. The mod is almost working as it should.

52 minutes ago, Shino said:

Update time before I disappear for another week.

I've so far managed to realign EVERYTHING save for the tier 0 pipe rifle with a reflex sight. I don't know why it isn't reflecting any of the changes. Hopefully I'll figure out and release the update next week, or if not, I'll just exclude that from the files until I can figure out why it isn't working.

Be ready. The mod is almost working as it should.

Sike, I lied... (sort of)

Get off my face V1.1 (for version 1.0 b333)
Download update from here  

Changelog?

• Tried my best realigning the iron-sights and reflex sights through the game. 
  • Done all Machine guns, Pistols and Shotguns save for the double-barrel (reflex and iron)
  • Hunting, Lever-Action and Sniper Rifles too (reflex and iron)
  • Pipe rifle (iron only)

Known issues?

• Some minor clipping, some inconsistent zoom, I'll iron out those as I play more because I need to play the game to see what feels best.
  • Completely misaligned Pipe Rifle Reflex sight. ( I really don't know how to fix this one, no changes to the xml and the ScopeCameraOffset ScopeScale or ScopeOffset attributes seem to be reflecting on the reflex sight for some reason, no warnings on console either. If you have any idea please let me know )
  • Aiming isn't pinpoint accurate, there's still spread that you have to account when shooting even if the red-dot is on the target.