(A21) Doggos

seven

It's not your typical zombie apocalypse. This time it all started at Doggos.

Doggos-3.thumb.jpg.208170a91a285623ad462bd29de30307.jpg

Features

• Modified starting quest, with a bit of backstory
  • Enhanced biome spawning
  • Uses Zilox's  Material Modifier for visual cues (will run without it)
  • Traders never close
  • with some inspiration from RyanFaeScotland's Demos only mod, and a bit of Khaine's Darkness Falls

Status

Work in progress, but pretty much stalled. This began as just an exercise to learn more modding, but I actually find it fun. Early game is quite scary. Most features are working pretty well but there is an issue with sleepers. Some will spawn in and are unable to move from their spawn location, or just spontaneously die. I occasionally see this in vanilla, but is much more prevalent in this mod. I don't know how to fix this, or if it can be fixed. Any  help with this will be appreciated.

Install

Download version 0.1.9 and Material Modifier from the above link and unzip to your Mods folder. Probably compatible with many mods that don't mess with or add entities.

Doggos-4.thumb.jpg.fcfb469479e7f26c09c2d71f6ba7b8fe.jpg

• 1 month later...

Getting security error on latest package download.

rebuild for 1.0 (B317)

Also is there any additional documentation/working example, I am not able to get this working as of yet.

This was made for A21. I'll look at it again after stable but I was unaware that anyone had actually downloaded it. Zilox has updated his Material Modifier mod so that part is taken care of. I'll need to figure out how the challenge system changes things. I'll also likely put it on Nexus to make things easier.

It does have some issues as I mentioned in the top post, so may not be suitable for a serious play through, especially with all the progression changes 1.0 has brought. But I found it exciting for a short run. I'll try and get it working for 1.0.