Mods for repairing and salvage tools

I know the ergonomic grip and structural brace mods are kind of givens, but I'm curious - what would be some other useful mods for salvage tools (wrench, ratchet, impact driver)? Also, what are some recommended mods for the hammer and nailgun? They aren't affected by stamina or damage when using them for their intended purposes of repairing/upgrading blocks, so structural braces and ergonomic grips aren't really needed.

I usually put the mod on that increases iron damage onto the salvage tools because I find that they work great for quickly breaking down iron doors and breaking into locked stuff.  Not only that, but most of the scrapping you do with them is iron, so it speeds things up a lot.  But otherwise, I don't add anything else because there really isn't any reason to do so.  Of course, once I have an auger, I just use that for breaking metal objects instead of the salvage tools.  But I'll still leave that mod on the salvage tool just so it is faster for salvaging stuff.

And nothing on hammer or nailgun.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I usually put the mod on that increases iron damage onto the salvage tools because I find that they work great for quickly breaking down iron doors and breaking into locked stuff.  Not only that, but most of the scrapping you do with them is iron, so it speeds things up a lot.  But otherwise, I don't add anything else because there really isn't any reason to do so.  Of course, once I have an auger, I just use that for breaking metal objects instead of the salvage tools.  But I'll still leave that mod on the salvage tool just so it is faster for salvaging stuff.

And nothing on hammer or nailgun.

Yeah.. that's what I thought. Nothing really works well for those tools (outside the ironbreaker mod you mentioned). I feel like there should be some mods added to better serve those tools, or just remove the mod slots for the hammer (I'm not sure if the nailgun has any outside of a dye slot). Either way, missed opportunity.

I use any mod that I have lying around (if it fits) as it will increase the block damage.

If you are min/maxing Ergo Grip and Iron Breaker (not sure it works for more iron while disassembling), and the others don't matter as long as they are filled.

By the time a player has a Tier 2 tool, repair kits are trivial, so the Structural brace is not required but will fill a slot.   

Edited by 8_Hussars (see edit history)