I need to know how to add player animations.

I would like to make a mod to add animations for reloading firearms, etc., but I can't seem to get it to work.
Currently, we know that the "WeaponHoldType" parameter of the animation controller determines which weapon's animation is played.
Therefore, for the animation of the weapon you want to add, assign a "WeaponHoldType" number that is not assigned in the vanilla to create an animation state and the transitions that lead to it.
Then, in the "items.xml" file, I assign the newly added "WeaponHoldType" number to the "HoldType" of the weapon to which I want to assign the animation, and the newly added animation will be played when the weapon is held in the hand. I have found that the newly added animation will play when the weapon is held in the hand.

...But the problem is that I don't know how to load the animation controller with its animation and parameters added to replace the existing animation controller.
Can anyone tell me how to achieve this or know of a better way to add animation?

If this is realized, it should be possible to implement cool weapons such as "bullpup rifles" and "two pistols" with mods, which we have given up implementing because we could not use the vanilla animations.

With the mainstreaming of "VRoid mods," I'm starting to think that these mods may be a hindrance nowadays.

In the first place, the idea of adding a large scale animation to a game by an amateur like me, who has not released many mods, may have been a fool's errand that should have been avoided...
I curse my lack of knowledge, skill, action and communication skills.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:04 AM, n2n1 said:

I haven't even seen anyone implement something like this.... i hope they will correct me if i'm wrong.

If it is limited to weapon animation, no one has yet practiced it.

But as for adding player animations, the VRoid Mod has already added Gestures and Dances animations.

If the focus is only on adding animations, it is possible to do so in the current situation, but that approach would conflict with the VRoid Mod.

The solution would be to either painstakingly create all the patches for the currently available VRoid Mod myself, or to ask the MOD author to separately create an additional version with animation, which would be a tremendous amount of work. Therefore, I was trying to find a way that wouldn't bother anyone.
Well, even if we successfully resolve the conflict with the VRoid Mod, there's a possibility that the parameter values for the transition conditions of each weapon's animation could conflict if the development assigns new ones. As for this, it's fine to reassign them as needed when a conflict arises.

I'm a Japanese speaker and not good at English, so I'm using a translator. Sorry if my sentences come out strange.

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

Izayo's weapon packs have some new animations included in them. I would look at those, especially since he is also a native Japanese speaker.

Ah, I just saw it a moment ago and was surprised. I never thought of making the hands invisible in the first-person view and attaching the hands and reload animation to the gun. This was a blind spot.
This approach will likely conflict with the VroidMOD. However, it seems to make it relatively easier to add custom reload animations. I'm going to ask them if I can use the scripts and techniques they're using in their MOD for my own.

Wait, they can speak Japanese?! I have experience translating their initial version of the Shotgun Pack MOD, but there was no Japanese translation included. Despite their Japanese-like username, I had assumed they weren't native Japanese speakers.

1 hour ago, Funukemaguro said:

Wait, they can speak Japanese?! I have experience translating their initial version of the Shotgun Pack MOD, but there was no Japanese translation included. Despite their Japanese-like username, I had assumed they weren't native Japanese speakers.

Yes, Izayo has mentioned he uses translation software and that he speaks Japanese.

As for the animations, it's worth mentioning that A22, which is due to come out between April and July, will be bringing the all-new character models and animations. That update will probably break any existing mods which add new animations (like Izayo's weapon packs) and probably the vroid mod as well, so I wouldn't put a lot of work into new animations right this minute.

21 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Yes, Izayo has mentioned he uses translation software and that he speaks Japanese.

As for the animations, it's worth mentioning that A22, which is due to come out between April and July, will be bringing the all-new character models and animations. That update will probably break any existing mods which add new animations (like Izayo's weapon packs) and probably the vroid mod as well, so I wouldn't put a lot of work into new animations right this minute.

So, the absence of Japanese translations in the MOD could imply that the developers were either too swamped to consider Japanese names for weapons and flavor text, or they were primarily focused on the addition of guns and had no intentions of delving deeper into that aspect, I see.

I have high expectations for the animation changes in the A22. The sneak peeks from the development team suggest a significant leap in quality from the current state, which is truly exciting. I would be thrilled if new weapon animations are added.I would be thrilled if new weapon animations are added. Ideally, I'm quietly hoping that modders would be able to add custom animations for weapons and items, akin to the Fallout 4 MOD, despite the difference in the game engine.
It's a lofty expectation, but I would be delighted if, similar to the MOD in Fallout 4, the game specifications allowed modders to add custom animations for weapons and items that can be executed by the players themselves.