Custom perk + loot bag drop chances with increasing rarities

hello all - I had done some searching around for some answers to a question I had - is it possible to create a perk that gives players dukes/currency on zombie kills? well, from what I had gathered, this is not possible, and the next best way would be involving lootbags.

with that in mind, is it possible to create a perk (with 4 levels) that has a static 25% chance to drop a lootbag containing between X - Y dukes, and each level invested into such a perk increases the X - Y value? I believe that would require two things:

1. the game has to do a check for if the player who did the kill has any points put into the perk in the first place, so that the bag could only drop for people who leveled it at all
2. the game would have to drop up to 4 different lootbags to scale in correspondence with the perks level

I am not a modder, at best I can change numerical values on things, but I am curious if such a perk could even be possible to create within the constraints of the games coding - I would attempt to learn and make such a mod if its possible, which is why I ask here.

4 hours ago, ZuluBtw said:

hello all - I had done some searching around for some answers to a question I had - is it possible to create a perk that gives players dukes/currency on zombie kills? well, from what I had gathered, this is not possible, and the next best way would be involving lootbags.

with that in mind, is it possible to create a perk (with 4 levels) that has a static 25% chance to drop a lootbag containing between X - Y dukes, and each level invested into such a perk increases the X - Y value? I believe that would require two things:

1. the game has to do a check for if the player who did the kill has any points put into the perk in the first place, so that the bag could only drop for people who leveled it at all
2. the game would have to drop up to 4 different lootbags to scale in correspondence with the perks level

I am not a modder, at best I can change numerical values on things, but I am curious if such a perk could even be possible to create within the constraints of the games coding - I would attempt to learn and make such a mod if its possible, which is why I ask here.

Check the effects of the perk Treasure Hunter.  It adds quantity found based on perk level for buried treasure.  This is done by using a custom tag that is set in the block file for that container.  So if someone perks in Treasure Hunter, they get increased loot based on it.  However, this would only apply for the person that is opening the container initially, not after.

You wouldn't need different lootbags in this case as it would scale up the monetary rewards inside the lootgroup for it.