Is there a way to prevent a specific zombie from spawning?

Is there a way to prevent a specific zombie from spawning? I tried creating a mod file, but the console window keeps appearing. Is there a solution? Please take a look at the source code I modified; no matter what changes I make, the console window still shows up. I have limited understanding, so I'd appreciate a detailed explanation. Please provide guidance on how to fix this.

<CAOCAO>
    <remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[starts-with(@name,'zombieDemolition')]"/>
</CAOCAO>

remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[starts-with(@name,'zombieDemolition')]"/>

화면 캡처 2024-02-02 042645.png

Edited by choi (see edit history)

• choi changed the title to Is there a way to prevent a specific zombie from spawning?

Entity groups file has changed format so remove doesn't work anymore, you need to use the csv commands in the xpath help topic

Note, that this only removes from from the spawns that use entity groups, if they spawn in a POI they are handled differently.  So if you remove them from entity class you will see errors when the POI tries to spawn them in.

One thing you can do is to create a new entity class for the zombie you don't want, but replace it with a different model.  For example, you could change the demo to a biker.  Remove the demo entity from the entity class file and then insert new demo code in the file where you simply copied the biker but replaced the name with demo.  Now anywhere the game calls for the demo to spawn, you get a biker instead.