Different Variant for Writable Player Signs

VoltraLux

I understand that this request is probably the least important and lowest priority request ever made for this game... But please can we get even just one other texture for the writable player signs? Maybe just a white rectangle instead of the wooden plank variant we have currently. If you want to get fancy with it I'd also accept a plain rectangle textured sign with a small border for plaques, notices, room numbering etc. A very unimportant and small ask but it's worth a shot.

Agreed. I believe I suggested (once upon a time) a variant that resembled the store signs like "Pop-n-Pills", "Shotgun Messiah", and so forth, but without any logo.

The other thing that goes with a suggestion like this is that the text a POI creator puts on the sign should not get deleted when a POI is converted to a new version of the game, which is a problem with the current writable player signs.

22 hours ago, zztong said:

Agreed. I believe I suggested (once upon a time) a variant that resembled the store signs like "Pop-n-Pills", "Shotgun Messiah", and so forth, but without any logo.

The other thing that goes with a suggestion like this is that the text a POI creator puts on the sign should not get deleted when a POI is converted to a new version of the game, which is a problem with the current writable player signs.

I'm sure for those proficient in writing code and texture modelling this is a task that would take an afternoon so I hold out hope that it is a possibility, though like I said, the priority of this dream is so insignificant it'll probably never cross the radar of something that needs or will need to be implemented sadly :(

I support any improvement to craftable signs and signs for POI developers.  More text sizes, more fonts, font colors, test staying on signs as ZZTong mentioned, different types of signs including neon that can be attached to power for bases, etc.

Would be fun to have brass plaques and name plates, perhaps you could find them in buildings with random names to add a bit of character. 

Metal street signs would also be nice, but to make them really fit in, you'd have to have RWG generate and keep track of street names.