Deleting a character from someone elses mulitplayer world

Mew-Z

So a friend and I are higher level in a multiplayer world (they are the host of the server). We both want to start fresh with out characters but leave everything that we have built there and start over as level 1's. Can anyone walk us through how to do that? I keep finding stuff online that are either paid servers or from a couple of Alphas ago and the file routes don't match anymore so we are lost.

Thanks everyone.

If you delete your player profiles, you will be at level 1 without any skills or schematics, books, magazines, etc.  Everything else will be there, but you will not have access to any locked containers or vehicles or anything else that is considered "player owned".  You will also not own any land claim, so be sure to remove it first.

You will need to look in your log out console to find your player profile ID.  That will need to be deleted from the host or server for each of you.  There are three files for each player.  The filenames will match your ID.  You should be able to find them in the Saves folder for that map, IIRC.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 12/2/2023 at 7:40 PM, Riamus said:

If you delete your player profiles, you will be at level 1 without any skills or schematics, books, magazines, etc.  Everything else will be there, but you will not have access to any locked containers or vehicles or anything else that is considered "player owned".  You will also not own any land claim, so be sure to remove it first.

You will need to look in your log out console to find your player profile ID.  That will need to be deleted from the host or server for each of you.  There are two files for each player.  The filenames will match your ID.  You should be able to find them in the Saves folder for that map, IIRC.

So I need to go into the %appdate% folder and eventually into the Maps folder and delete the file/folder that has my Steam ID in it?

Just now, Mew-Z said:

So I need to go into the %appdate% folder and eventually into the Maps folder and delete the file/folder that has my Steam ID in it?

Yes, or wherever your Saves folder is located.  You'll be looking for something like:

%appdata%\7DaysToDie\Saves\WorldName\SaveName\Player\

Then, you will have 3 files for each player ID.  They will start with EOS and have extensions of .ttp, .map, and .bak.  All 3 should be deleted.  You may want to make a backup copy of them in case you need them.  These files are located on the host/server and the ID can be found in the logs when the player connects.