(1.0) LittleRedSonja Fancy Home Deco mod

LittleRedSonja

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Hi Sonja!

The craftable lights (powered table lamp, exit sign, etc) remained locked despite having the appropriate magazine series maxed out. Anything we're doing wrong?

Hi!

Almost always that can happen if you have another mod installed that deletes the crafting skill tree in the progression.xml to add its own.

If such a mod loads AFTER mine or other mods it will remove any additions or edits that my mod or other mod does. This happens when xpath commands such as "remove" are used to "nuke" the vanilla code, and it is usually a very bad way to code things, because in almost every case there is a better and less destructive way to achieve the same result. 

In any case it is usually easy fixed by forcing the offending mod to load BEFORE mine (the game loads mods in alphabetical order). That way it can delete and do their thing in the progression file, and then my mod can add it's stuff on top of it in a non-destructive way. If you know what mod is causing the problem simply rename the mod folder to something like "1_ModName", meaning add a "1_" before mod name, without quotations. That will make that mod load first, and it should solve the problem. 

If you do not know what mod is causing the issue you can instead rename my mod folder so it loads last, for example "z_LittleRedSonja_FancyHomeDeco". That will force my mod to load after other mods, so everything will work fine. If you are using any ADD-ON for the mod make sure to rename those in the same way (add z_ before mod name), so the ADD-ONS loads after the main mod. 

This is a good solution to address mod conflicts, not only in this case, but in general. There is no guarantee it will work in every case, but it is usually a good solution. 

In any case, if you cannot figure out what mod is causing trouble but would want to know give me a list of your mods or simply a screenshot of your mods folder where I can see the names, and I will take a look. This might be a good idea, since that conflicting mod might cause troubles not only with my mod but with others, so identifying it might help you to solve or avoid other problems in the future. 

Anyway let me know if you need any more help to solve this 🥰, I am always happy to help (or try at least 😅).

I hope you enjoy the mod, and let me know if you find issues or have suggestions! 💜

5 hours ago, MBF said:

Can you help? this is a great mod! thanks!

spacer.png

Hi! Thank you, I am happy that you like the mod. It looks like the same kind of mod conflict that I describe above. It is usually an easy fix, simply follow the instructions I gave to Old Crow, and let me know if you need further assistance 🥰.

In any case I am thinking expanding the "no power add-on" to remove the crafting skill requirement, as optional. Not because of mod conflicts but because sometimes you only want a nice cozy decoration and do not want to deal with power requirements, or skill levels. Let me know what you think in the comments, in any case like I said it would be an optional add-on.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

17 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Hi!

Almost always that can happen if you have another mod installed that deletes the crafting skill tree in the progression.xml to add its own.

If such a mod loads AFTER mine or other mods it will remove any additions or edits that my mod or other mod does. This happens when xpath commands such as "remove" are used to "nuke" the vanilla code, and it is usually a very bad way to code things, because in almost every case there is a better and less destructive way to achieve the same result. 

In any case it is usually easy fixed by forcing the offending mod to load BEFORE mine (the game loads mods in alphabetical order). That way it can delete and do their thing in the progression file, and then my mod can add it's stuff on top of it in a non-destructive way. If you know what mod is causing the problem simply rename the mod folder to something like "1_ModName", meaning add a "1_" before mod name, without quotations. That will make that mod load first, and it should solve the problem. 

If you do not know what mod is causing the issue you can instead rename my mod folder so it loads last, for example "z_LittleRedSonja_FancyHomeDeco". That will force my mod to load after other mods, so everything will work fine. If you are using any ADD-ON for the mod make sure to rename those in the same way (add z_ before mod name), so the ADD-ONS loads after the main mod. 

This is a good solution to address mod conflicts, not only in this case, but in general. There is no guarantee it will work in every case, but it is usually a good solution. 

In any case, if you cannot figure out what mod is causing trouble but would want to know give me a list of your mods or simply a screenshot of your mods folder where I can see the names, and I will take a look. This might be a good idea, since that conflicting mod might cause troubles not only with my mod but with others, so identifying it might help you to solve or avoid other problems in the future. 

Anyway let me know if you need any more help to solve this 🥰, I am always happy to help (or try at least 😅).

I hope you enjoy the mod, and let me know if you find issues or have suggestions! 💜

Ah, thank you very much!

UPDATE 1.0.9:

- Doors, doors and EVEN MORE doors. A nice door makes all the difference when building a nice base, so here you have a ton of different doors, including sliding doors and bulletproof glass doors for maximum security, as craftable Variant Helpers and in many different colors and shapes to fit any style you are looking for. Say "goodbye" to the ugly vanilla doors 💜.     

20240815011629_1.thumb.jpg.441f1737d199645cb9b832ffe9850437.jpg

- You can now craft curtains to decorate your windows, in many different shapes and colors.     
- Added some really cute Umbrellas as pickupable and craftable in workbench, both open and closed variants, in many different colors. Prevent sunburn with these cozy parasols.

20240815012741_1.thumb.jpg.c4c0e2cd936fbabcc1020d4bea73d69e.jpg    

- Movie time! You can now pick up the projectors and the video camera in POI, and also craft them in your workbench as a variant helper. The projectors are a powerable light, you can turn them on and off. Become the new John Romero and project your creations in your own home theater, or equip your operations room and plan your next POI raid, Briefing time!     
- You want Dolby Surround sound in addition to image? Now the bookshelf Speakers are pickupable. Grab them and decorate your home theater!     
- Grab a cold one! Added beverage coolers as secure lockable storage, with big storage capacity, both standard and under the counter, full and empty variants, to keep safe all your favorite foods and drinks. Enjoy a sweet snack while you watch a movie in your home theater.      
- Ugly chairs are for plebs. You should instead enjoy these new craftable theater seats in different colors.

Screenshot2024-08-14145256.thumb.png.f28090175355cd578c7b822dc9c6d1db.png

- Added a nice brass trophy as pickupable and craftable, so you can tell your friends that you won it for killing lots of zombies or making a great movie. It is not an Oscar, but it is the closest you will find in the apocalypse.     
- After movie, a good dinner. Craft comfy colorful restaurant booths and matching tables, many shapes and different colors as a variant helper.    

20240814210121_1.thumb.jpg.97ffeb7000293f54630bc84666aa8a86.jpg

- Sad boring kitchen? Add some nice cozy light with the Hood Range variants, a powerable light in different colors. Standard and off-set variants. I do not know you, but I LOVE soft relaxing light in kitchens 🥰     
- More stuff for your home clinic, probably needed if you eat too much popcorn in your new home theater: Added 2 medicine cabinets variants as secure storage, craftable in workbench and with lots of room to storage your medicin supplies.     

20240815005948_1.thumb.jpg.b0cdbc2f70a3822563a26b5eb9413a4d.jpg

- Added more decorative vehicles for your garage, 3 different models in many different colors. Craftable as a variant helper in workbench.      

- Added plastic traffic barriers as pickupable (you will get a variant helper block) and craftable in different colors.     
- Added a strong concrete barrier as craftable, for more nice variety in base defence.      
- Picking up the "Pool Table" will now give you a Variant Helper, so you can place back home and choose what color you want (right now green and blue variants, more colors coming in future updates). It is also craftable now.     

20240815010809_1.thumb.jpg.1b55aaa241f90e2b4fe2645ac1180baf.jpg

- Added support to all my secure storage to be pickupable with my other mod "Grab Your Storage". That way you can grab your secure storage in one go without spending time, stamina and resources to destroy and rebuild.     
- Most items that before required using a salvage tool to grab them can now be picked up right away, such as bar stools, park benches, some lights and signs. When appropriate this will give you a variant helper so you can choose what variant you want to place back in your base. This change is intended to make the mod easier to use and more accessible for everybody, so it is easier to see what can be picked up and what not without having to read all the documentation in the mod. I hope you like this change.     
- Having a high level in salvaging operations no longer gives you 2 items when salvaging some of my decorative stuff. I guess it did not make much sense, did it? 😅     
- You can now repair your "Steve the Zombie" if he suffers damage, and have increased HP so it will be more difficult to "kill him" by accident. Say "Thank you", Steve! 😋.   
- You can now repair your Park Benches, your Rolling Tool Box secure storage and your Tool Box secure storage.      
- Adjusted the selling price of the gurney beds and hospital beds, so they are actually used to decorate your base instead for being sold to traders for quite a lot of money. I hope I am not breaking your "easy money scheme" here folks, but it was a bit too much  😉      
- The "NO POWER" Add-On will also remove the required skill level in electrician to craft some of the lights now. Again, an optional feature intended to make the mod enjoyable for everybody :). Added a link for the ADD-ON for both Nexus and SimFileShare for people that do not use Nexus (links in the first post, together with the links for the main mod). Sorry that the alternative link in SimFileShare was not there before, it seems that I kind of forgot or did not save the changes when I added it, but it is there now hehe 😅.

It is a big update and it adds lots of new things that I have learned last weeks. I really hope you like it, and if you find issues, or have questions or suggestions, let me know! 💜

4 hours ago, Fugazi70 said:

Hi I downloaded this mod, and I see lots of new storage options, what is the largest storage option available?

thanks!

Hi!

All the new storage options have the same storage capacity as the steel writable crate, which is 8x10 if I am not mistaken. You can also pick all of them them back after placing them in one go if you use "Grab your storage" mod, since all of them are compatible.

The idea is for people to decorate and choose storage that they like most and fits better in their base, and not to feel forced to choose one storage or another simply because storage capacity. 

So choose the ones that you like best, all of them offer the same BIG storage capacity 😊.

My personal favorites are the "Secret Storage behind a Picture" collection, but choose the ones you like best and enjoy it 🥰.

Thank you for your comment and let me know if you have suggestions or find issues! 💜

Thanks for the reply. I did uncover a bug?

I picked up a pool table, some weights and the exercise bike, I gave it to my drone. When I checked his inventory later the objects were missing. Any ideas?

18 minutes ago, Fugazi70 said:

Thanks for the reply. I did uncover a bug?

I picked up a pool table, some weights and the exercise bike, I gave it to my drone. When I checked his inventory later the objects were missing. Any ideas?

Yes. It seems that drones inventory are quite "buggy" right now, and stuff might disappear (not only moded stuff, base game stuff), so be careful with what you put in there, specially if you are playing multiplayer with friends or in a server. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! 💜

I think it could be useful for people looking for decoration to add the forum links for my other small deco mods, to make it easier to find. Perhaps it is something you would be interested in? 🥰 They are not included in Fancy Home Deco since they include custom assets, so unlike the core mod, these ones are not server side, but perhaps people playing solo or in servers with server + client mods would be interested. 

Fancy Wall Art: Nuka Cola

NukaColaWallArt_01.thumb.png.c2aacb04774a43639471b8a35dc47d36.png

Cute Plushies

CutePlushies.thumb.png.79544dd1ff17777aa32f25fca8f7d022.png

I hope you like them, in case you did not know about them already 🥰

About next update for Fancy Home Deco, I am working on it now, so you can expect more nice stuff to decorate your base very soon. 💜

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 1.1.0

- Fixed Gas Pump secure storage not requiring forged steel to craft. It now requires both forged iron and steel iron, like the other equivalent secure storage variants. 
- Fixed the radio not being pickupable outside claim area. You can pick it up again now. 
- Improved Office shelf placement to sit better as a 2 wide storage. 

- Added an alternative version to the "cozy electric stove" that works as a functional cooking place, like the campfire. Now you get a variant when you craft it or salvage in the world, and you can choose to place the decorative powerable light version OR the functional stove version. 

- As I promised one month ago, I have been working on "clean nice" versions for all my doors, and after lots of testing and delays because of me being distracted with the plushies mod (but it is so cute!) I finally remade all my custom doors from scratch. Now you will get clean doors at 100% HP. Increased the HP points of the doors to make them equivalent to the vanilla "old wood door". This way you do not need to damage it and drop the HP down to 50-70% to get the nice clean look. But do not worry, you can Upgrade them to get the "barricade" look again and gain 25% more HP, using any repair tool. Like it should be in real life, if you actually barricade a door it should be stronger. When you are hovering to place the door it still shows the "barricaded" look, I do not think it is possible to change that without me editing the vanilla block in Unity, and that would make the mod server + client side (and I want Fancy Home Deco to remain a server side mod). There are several ways to do this, but I think I like this method the most of all the ones I have tried, since it allows you to go back to the barricaded look if you want and to actually reinforce the door and get higher HP when doing so. Also, VANILLA DOORS ARE UNTOUCHED, so it will not affect how POI loos or works, and will not change game balance. Let me know what you think in the comments. 

Doors01.thumb.png.c9f12d6263b3f1e804a1cf54d4af3024.png

- Super Villain stuff: The "Evil Genius 3000" super villain doors. Single and double "normal" variants, slightly stronger than the steel vault doors but more expensive to craft, AND a powerable version of both that you can link to motion sensors, press plates and all that stuff, the same as the powered vaults, and it is unlocked by electrician skill (same as other powered doors). I think these ones will look fantastic in scy-fi style bases, James Bond Volcano base style, or anywhere else 🥰 
- Added all the other variants of the metal commercial door, inside the "Metal commercial door variants", in many different colors and models for you to choose from.
- Added the "Trailer doors" and a craftable variant helper, in many different colors. 

VegetationDeco.thumb.png.deecb617e7b23e10c71d8c8ef5cd382a.png

- Added the "Control panels" as a craftable variant helper, in many different colors and tons of different models, for you to decorate. I think they will look fabulous in any "super villain volcano base" or sci-fy setting, but of course you can use them to decorate or any other style you want.

SuperVillain.thumb.png.fc8d0e978252b6d3c190db1a66b9f905.png

- Added Decorative vegetation as a variant helper, craftable, including several bushes, flowers and a small tree.
- Added a "Modular fireplace kit" as variant helper containing 2 parts: A "No Heat" burning barrel that you can place 1 block below the intended level for the fireplace, and firewood block that lets flames come out and that you place right on top of the burning barrel.You can see the result in the included picture, I think it looks really cozy. 

Fireplace.thumb.png.bae455984ca01d2ce6230369258b962a.png

- Pickupable horseshoes (you get a variant helper), and pickupable decorative cow skulls, that can look very cool for example in a "old west style" base. 
- Added The Big Street Light, as powerable light, craftable in workbench, to illuminate even the darkest corners.
- Added 3 different traffic lights as craftable powered lights.

TrafficLights.thumb.png.8b21ac1ddd424ba264b834d773739e88.png

- Added recessed lights as craftable, several variants for more flexibility when placing them.  
- Added "Offset" variants of the table lamps, in many different colors. "Offset" variants are easier to be placed on half blocks, for example nightstands, compared with the "centered" variants. All the variants and colors are inside the same craftable Variant Helper block. 
- Added Several bags as small secure storage, included in a variant helper, in many different colors. 

BagSecureStorage.thumb.png.20745e89c51bf55703ac88c65de764a0.png

- Added Several clothes racks, wall racks and clothes shelves as secure storage, included in a variant helper. Both the bags and the clothes racks are compatible with my "Grab your storage" mod.
- A lot of the vanilla traffic signs are pickupable now. 
- Added modular tent kit, with 200 different pieces in many different shapes and colors including "cammo", inside a craftable variant helper, for you to combine however you want and create your own custom tents. 

Tents.thumb.png.60a5b14102ae1901aff3827dec93faaf.png

- Add a few more missing variants to vanilla variant helpers and 2 single hanging chains to GNS hoister variant (if you use that mod).
- Improved the grouping for lights and storage, to make them easier to find. 
- Changed the color of many icons to a nice purple, hopefully easier to see for color blind people and in low gamma settings. 
- More things added in the localization.txt 

VegetationDeco.thumb.png.972ca4528cdbe4fdd26e007b2f674cca.png
- NO POWER ADD-ON: As an extra feature, greatly increased the distance at which you can connect electrical devices with the wiring tool, so you can connect all your nice lights without too many wire relays. Also added all the new lights included in the mod.

It is a big update and a lot of work, I really hope you like it 🥰

And if you find issues or have suggestions let me know! 💜

You have the download links in the first post.

Thank you for this great mod and finally some vegetation. Great for building nice bases!

Maybe i found a little bug... not sure. When i select a curtain right half top, the currtain left half top appears instead.

9 hours ago, HYper said:

love your mods.  dk how i just now discovered this one.  

can you make this compatible with craft from container mod - this one: https://7daystodiemods.com/craftfromcontainers-v1-0/ ?  (the secure storages mainly, i'd love to have it work with that mod if possible)

thanks again!

Hi! Thank you, I am happy that you like my mods! 🥰

Wish granted! 💜

11 hours ago, IceMF said:

Thank you for this great mod and finally some vegetation. Great for building nice bases!

Maybe i found a little bug... not sure. When i select a curtain right half top, the currtain left half top appears instead.

Hi! I am happy that you like it! 😊

The curtains thing yes, I have observed it, but it is a vanilla bug. Both me and some friends (and other players) have tested it in fresh install vanilla un-moded games and it is the same. I have even checked the Unity file containing that asset and it is bugged, so I hope TFP fix it eventually. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja (see edit history)

UPDATE 1.2.0

- Adds compatibility with "Craft From Containers" mod for all my custom storage. IMPORTANT WARNING IF YOU UPDATE IN AN EXISTING SAVE FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE MOD: Please empty all your custom storage before updating, otherwise you will loose its contents. This is because I had to rework the containers for compatibility with "Crafting from Containers". After you update you have to REPLACE THE CONTAINER WITH A NEW ONE OR PICK IT BACK INTO YOUR INVENTORY for the compatibility to work. To pick up the container you can use my "grab your storage" mod, or simply destroy the container and place a new one. If this sounds too complicated simply stay in version 1.1.0 and update to 1.2.0 when you start a new game.    

- Adds the requested "Bathroom signs" and "Bulletin Board" as pickupable. You will get a variant helper so you can choose what variants to place back home.     

- Fix: Colored variants of the "Exterior House Door" can no longer be upgraded more than one time. 

I hope you enjoy the compatibility with "Craft from containers" I was not aware it was such a popular request, but here it is, and any new storage I might add in the future will also be compatible of course. 💜

One important thing, and I am repeating my self, but this is important: Remember to empty all the custom containers before updating or you will lose its contents. After updating replace the containers with the new ones for the compatibility to work. This only applies if you update into version 1.2.0 from previous versions of my mod in an existing save, otherwise you do not need to do anything when updating or installing.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

thanks for compatibility.  however, (on existing game), i used creative mode to add "cooking oven" and the "mini cooler storage" but cooking station indicates i dont have food/drink items to craft even though i have all the correct amounts to make various foods, drinks. 

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

1 hour ago, HYper said:

thanks for compatibility.  however, (on existing game), i used creative mode to add "cooking oven" and the "mini cooler storage" but cooking station indicates i dont have food/drink items to craft even though i have all the correct amounts to make various foods, drinks. 

Oh please do not tell me I have added compatibility with a different "Craft from containers" mod... 😅

Lets see, I have made changes and tested for compatibility with:

- "Beyond Storage 1.0" by unv_Annihilator

- Craft from Containers 1.0 by aedenthorn

And those 2 work perfect.

That because these 2 seem to have all the functions (including repair and upgrade) and have the source code openly available and I need to look in their source code in C sharp to see how they handle containers to make my mod compatible with their mod (and I do not feel comfortable decompiling somebody else mod to look in the code). 

In your link it says it is made by aedenthorn, so I guessed it was the same mod? Like I said, I needed the source code if available, so I used the link provided in the Nexus mods page.

But it seems there is a different "Craft from Containers" mod, with the same mod name, but not all the functions (no repair, no upgrade) by a different creator (SYNON1M), but that one does not have source code available for me to look into (there is a link but it links to a youtube video showing a guy named Rick Astley that I guess is some kind very old famous singer, hilarious). 

Is that the one you are using? I have tested this one now and for some reason it does not work, which means it handles the containers different I guess? But not sure how and why it does not find custom containers, I would have to investigate it.

If that is the one your are using, is there any reason you do not use one of the other 2 😅? They seem to be far superior, are recently updated, and include repair and upgrade (no offense intended to the creator of the other one, all my respect to them, just an opinion).

Anyway, if the version by "synon1m" is the one your are using and you want to keep using that one I would have to get the source code, and then investigate why it is not working in the same way the other 2 work, to be able to eventually add compatibility, because just with my testing in game I cannot see any clear reason why it should not work unless they are looking for "containers" in a very weird way 🤔.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

oh im using one here: https://7daystodiemods.com/craftfromcontainers-v1-0/

it was first one that i saw that supported 1.0 so i used it every since.  even when updated 1.0, it had all the functions that i saw too.  but i can switch to the other two (just dk if it'll work on existing game)

edit: i thought the original from aedenthorn wasn't updated to 1.0?  .  ill switch over to the other one now then. np. thanks again!

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

Cool!

The original by aedenthorn got an update for 1.0. If you use nexus there is a sticky post in the post section with a link for the last updated version in github (in case you are interested).

In any case I have to say that "Beyond Storage" is my personal favorite version, but that is just me, and all my respect and deep admiration for the creators of the other versions too, it is always good to have different version to choose what works best for different people 💜.

Anyway I will see if eventually I can figure out why the other one does not work, just so I can support all the existing versions of Craft from Containers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Sonya.
I really liked your mod and I want to keep using it in the future.
I've heard that you're open to suggestions for adding new and interesting items to the mod. I've attached a screenshot via the link, showing a small portion of the decor I found in the game that I really liked. https://ibb.co/sW4P7vp

Thank you, I hope this decor will eventually appear in your awesome mod.
Good luck and success!

On 10/8/2024 at 11:08 PM, Shoker_Art said:

Hello, Sonya.
I really liked your mod and I want to keep using it in the future.
I've heard that you're open to suggestions for adding new and interesting items to the mod. I've attached a screenshot via the link, showing a small portion of the decor I found in the game that I really liked. https://ibb.co/sW4P7vp

Thank you, I hope this decor will eventually appear in your awesome mod.
Good luck and success!

Oh thank you! 

I am happy that you are enjoying it! 💜

I have been slower with the updates lately because I am working on a very cool thing with Mumpfy that we will release very soon, and also started learning c#/Harmony to make even nicer things (I hope😅) but by all means I will take a look and keep adding new stuff to Fancy Home Deco! 🥰

And yes, I am always open to suggestions for this and all my other mods, I really appreciate them and any feedback people provide 😊.

Thanks! 💜💜

On 10/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

Oh thank you! 

I am happy that you are enjoying it! 💜

I have been slower with the updates lately because I am working on a very cool thing with Mumpfy that we will release very soon, and also started learning c#/Harmony to make even nicer things (I hope😅) but by all means I will take a look and keep adding new stuff to Fancy Home Deco! 🥰

And yes, I am always open to suggestions for this and all my other mods, I really appreciate them and any feedback people provide 😊.

Thanks! 💜💜

We are always excited about your mods, especially their updates.
It's awesome that you are learning something new and finding the strength to work on all of this.
Glad to hear it. 💪

By the way, I found some more interesting décor for your mod. Maybe some of it is already there, and I just didn’t notice. Some containers could be used as storage boxes. 😊

https://ibb.co/4Mm0QdR