(On Computer) "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when i lunch a party

Soso

Hello guys, 

I have a problem when i try to create my own party or join a friend's party.

While loading the game, when there is "Creation of player", I have a console with an error message "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, deleting the game files, checking that my computer's drivers are up to date.

Does anyone have a solution?
I couldn't find anything in my searches.

Thanks in advance

Hm. Did you follow the wiping of the registry and save data instructions? That should have cleared it, maybe try removing the entire Appdata folder for 7 days out of that directory (if you don't want to just delete it). Ideally if you just want to get a clean slate:

1. Use the game launcher's cleanup tool to wipe all the data

1b. Make sure the registry entry for 7 days to die is gone

2. Make sure the appdata folder for 7 days to die is clean/gone

3. Either uninstall the game (shouldn't be needed but you never know) and/or verify the game files twice through Steam (I would verify files after an install too)

9 minutes ago, Arez said:

If you have an extra copy of the game saved, for the purpose of using it for mods, does verifying apply to both?

No, the verify only works for the steam installation of the game. You should be able to use SteamCMD and link the install to where your modded/copied version is to work with it that way though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 10:05 AM, Scorpinon said:

so i had this same problem, but then it stopped giving me the error message and simply prevented me from getting the starter quest and interacting with anything on the map. any advice?

If you've resolved the error and having the last part still, that sounds like a corrupted player profile. Post a log file for us to take a look