Tool and Weapon Parts (and Repairs)

Euzio

Idea to limit inventory space use: You have a general repair kit that is relatively expensive to craft and can repair X amount of damage on any item. And there are special repair kits which need specific parts but can repair exactly that weapon or thing the part belongs to cheaper and for say X*3 amount of damage per kit.

The general repair kit could either be the current recipe with an increase in materials, or it would also need a number of general "parts" you get by scraping the specific parts.

This way the player can directly choose how much inventory space he wants to invest to save resources. Most players would probably use one inventory slot for a special repair kit for their weapon and another slot for the general repair kit to repair anything else.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 8:52 AM, BFT2020 said:

This was my thought process and something I am probably going to try to implement in A21 in my mod (and return repairing but making it expensive).

Like you stated, have a basic level of the components (for lack of imagination on my part, range weapons components, melee weapons components, armor components, engine components).  Then use those parts to either craft repair kits or individual components to start weapon crafting (so they are required to craft for example shotgun parts).  You can limit the amounts of different repair kits by breaking them up into a few - say have a repair kit for weapons, tools, and armor and requires the components of each to craft up, then a different one for vehicles that requires vehicle elements like engine components, oil, plastics, etc.

FYI, in my mod from A20 that I am slowly porting over to A21, I had already changed how engines worked in it.  I change the engine drops to engine parts (and easy to do since I just use the parts master icon with the engine icon to give it the parts symbol in the corner) so then you had to craft it either into a small engine for certain recipes or a larger engine for other items.

Little late in replying, but this might be a candidate for a patch to work hand in hand with Ragsy's Vehicle Madness.