7th Day Suggestions

Nexian

I like the game, but my issue is, I can get bored when the survival aspect is all taken care of. You become self-sufficient quite quickly.

Also, things like Infestations seem like way better challenges than base defense, since it doesn't need to be balanced around cheese designs.

I'm also all for choose-your-own difficulty kind of thing, but the game needs those available. Another thing the infestations (and building Tiers in general) do.

If I had to change the game in some way, it'd be fundamentally changing how the 7th day works. Change it to be a selection of survival issues each 7th day.

Each 7th day, the world presents a challenge, either instant, or ongoing, e.g.:

• Feral Zombies (Same as now)
  • Weather
    • Deep Freeze
      • Very cold weather. Change the system to have ramping cold mechanics delayed or reversed by clothing, shelter and heat sources
      • Lasts up til the next 7th day
      • Crops stop growing or can die in this time
      • Water sources freeze
      • Increase in wolves
    • Storm
      • Constant rain and clouds. Loud.
      • Acts as a permanent night
      • Cold due to wetness, but nothing like Deep Freeze
    • Heatwave
      • Extreme heat. Change the system to have ramping heat mechanics delayed or reversed by clothing, shelter and water sources
      • Crop system changed to require water. More water needed in this event
      • Being in exposed sun can ramp up the effects quite quickly
      • Add a food spoilage system for anything not canned. This event speeds up that spoilage
      • Increase in vultures
    • Fallout
      • A wave of nuclear fallout passes over the map over the 7 days.
      • You need to bunker down while it passes or have the gear to survive it
      • After passing it, leaves a far larger percentage of zombies radiated for the remaining days
      • The wave is large enough that it takes a day to pass over any single area of the map
  • Raiders
    • I know we're aiming for them. But an event for 7th day around them would be good. For 7 days they launch attacks at various times
    • Unlike zombies, their main aim is attacking your base and raiding your stash, whether you're there or not
    • You get a warning within a couple of hours of attacks
    • After half the days have passed, their camp is revealed is you want to try to stop them at the source
      • The camp can be a literal camp somewhere
      • Or, a POI with raider spawns replacing zombies
      • The POI can be found beforehand, but isn't revealed 
  • Feral Fauna
    • All animals are zombiefied for the next 7 days
    • Animals no longer attack zombies for this period, only players
    • Packs of various animals wander the world
    • This also includes flocks of birds
    • Animals are far more aggressive in this period and have a larger aggro range
  • Zombie Mutation
    • For 7 days, zombies get a mutator, e.g.
      • Head Shots - only head shots hurt them ( can still take off limbs)
      • Bullet Resistant - less damage from bullets
      • Tough - Bonus health
      • Burning - always on fire, but don't take damage from it
      • etc.
    • These mods could be configured to go away on the 7th day, or stack and fall off
      • e.g. if you set it to a 3 stack, the zombies retain the latest 3 buffs they've gotten from these events
      • You could make it so max stacks increase every X days to have a ramping challenge

Basically just things like this that up the survival aspect. When I say "7th day", I am referring to whatever the player sets it to, not necessarily 7th. Then they could enable or disable these events in options too. So you could, for instance, have a permanent Deep Freeze world, or a Raider world, or Wild World, etc.

For me, the zombie attacks on the 7th day are the least interesting aspect of 7 days to die at the moment

Edited by Nexian (see edit history)